Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Anedio D1 DAC › Anedio D1 DAC Reviews

Anedio D1 DAC Reviews

project86

The best DAC I've ever had

Pros: competes with DACs costing much more, amazing clarity and transparency, elegant simple design

Cons: USB inpuit can't handle hi-res audio, no balanced option

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528473/review-anedio-d1-dac-my-new-reference-dac   That's a link to my detailed review. In summary:   The best DAC I've ever heard. The only thing that matched it was the MBL 1511E which is a $9000 DAC. The Anedio is identical in sound, at a much lower price, thus by far a better DAC. Please read my review for further info.
TwoEars

State of The Art

Pros: Stunning

Cons: SE outputs only

In one word: Stunning. The best DAC I've heard bar none. Stunning details. Stunning clarity. Stunning texture. Stunning soundstage. Stunning resolution. Stunning neutrality. Stunning musicality. Expensive but still a real bargain. Not for those looking for a colored and romantic tube sound but for everyone else it's hard to see how you could go wrong.   A DAC that will make you rediscover your music collection. The D2 has balanced outputs and a slightly better headphone amp but if that doesn't interested you a second hand D1 is excellent if you can find one.