Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › AMFITON TDS-15

Pros: excellent

Amfiton TDS - 15 first model !! (black colour, low serials, 1-5000 )

Middle range - best orthos. SPECTACULAR sound, exceptional separation and clarity

test: Yamaha XG, Audio native DS1

Pros: Very cheap at Fleamarkets ; Potent orthodynamic Drivers ; Very nice headband for the time

Cons: Bad audio quality.(Unamped) Fragile.; Not available; Lack of ear cushins. Horrible cabling.

This is a reveiw of the amfiton tds-15 in stock format.
Okay, so this review is not of a 'brand new' product, I got these at the fleamarket I visit. I got them for around 2 USD and for the price - these are surprisingly good cans, but, have alot of issues, I'll start off with the problems I noticed:
The soundstage was all messed up, it was really something I did not expect to hear. these use a fostex-type driver, and I dont know if it's a feature of all fostex-es, but the soundstage was seriously deformed. ( both deformed and small)
The Bass was transparent - I could feel a physical impact, but it didnt come with a sound. What is this sorcery?! It's a very bassy can.
The build quality on this things - they seems kinda flimsy and the right earpiece kept disconecting before I put blu-tack on it. They feel very flimsy, but well-built. ( As in, this thing is made to last )
The cables - They're about the same you'd find in a cheap 3$ earbud.
Lack of fill in the ear cushions.

The good:
The midrange and highs are awesome.
The headband seems like a novelty for the time.
Very compact and lightweight.
Once you get over the bass not being a sound it actually grows on you.
Extremely cheap if you can manage to find it.
Likely moddable.