Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Alessandro MS-Pro › Alessandro MS-Pro Reviews

Alessandro MS-Pro Reviews

I moved up from low end Grado’s and have been listening for about month now. Delicate, warm and exciting. Very tight controlled base. Loving them for most music, but especially folk / instrumental / jazz etc. Not for everyone, but I like the Grado design. Very light to were and reasonably comfortable. Recommended.

Relaxed, neutral sounding, and ever so polite.

Pros: Neutrality and overall refinement

Cons: May lack excitement for some

Initial impressions of these was a bit ho hum, but in reflection that is where these headphones really shine.  No matter what you throw at them they will retain an air of dignity and restraint, and they would never do anything so vulgar as to shout in ones ear.   The overall presentation is very neutral and refined, and not unlike my HD650's in their measured and polished manner.   Treble or bass junkies these are not the headphones for you, however they will surprise you in their ability to reach the lowest of the lows, and the highest of the highs without ever sounding strained.   Overall these require a more refined pallet, and acoustic or vocal centric...

Alessandro MS Pro

Pros: instrument separation, airiness, bass

Cons: nothing...besides the typical lack of comfort

Any Grado fan who hasn't heard this model MUST check it out.

The Most Neutral and Delicate Sounding Grados

Pros: Near natural tonal balance, lively presentation, musicality, wooden sound texture.

Cons: Not as engaging as some some Grado models as a trade off of being neutral sounding

Edited in October 2015:   After 3 weeks waiting, I finally recieved my third pair of mspro. I paid eye-watering 1200 AUD for this new old stock i version. FYI, the RRP of Byer T1 in Australia is AUD1050 and 1300 dollars for HD800. Am I crazy? After I state my opionon, You'll be the judge.   Why should I spend this much for this very model, and purchased three times? Because the mspro ticks all my requirement boxes. And the new e version has quite different sound, which I don't like.   The woodies have a near neutral tonal balance, just add a bit warmth to the sound. The bass of mspro is tight, fast and slightly punchy, although less punchy as most i version Grados but...

Amazing Headphones!

Easily more detail than the k702 I own, and much more musical, a pleasure to listen to.  I'd rate them the same as the Grado RS-1.

FavoriteCurrent Grados

Pros: Imaginge

Cons: price if you don't know where to look

These are my favorite "Grados".  With flats the bass is incredible.  The midrange is so lifelike you are taken to the front stage of a concert.   I've tried a lot of headphones and these are what I always go to and the price is reasonable. Mine are the i (latest improved) version.  I highly recommend these to anyone with a Solid State, Hybrid, or OPT Tube amp.