Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › AKG X323XS

AKG X323XS

Pros: Very small and easy to wear. Wonderfull full sound with a good marriage between musicality and technical capability for a low price.

Cons: Cable is a bit short.

After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these really needed a proper review as they definitely keep up with a lot of gear that is more expensive.

As can be seen by the picture these are very tiny being the smallest IEM I have owned to date. They come in two types, an iDevice specific model and a single button android model. I have the android model and will have to assume they will sound the same sonically speaking. This IEM is very BASIC in regards to accessories only supplying the perfunctory 3 sets of sleeves with no case. It also has a short cable that is smaller than most IEM's and has an I jack as well as neck cinch.

So what does all this minimalism mean? AMAZING BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!

This IEM offers an amazing sound quality for $50 or less. I personally find no real weaknesses in the signature which is typical for this price range. Usually you get a signature that is tweaked in specific areas at the cost of other areas or overall clarity. In the case of the X323 you get solid full bass, a clear midrange, and treble that extends well but without being peaky or sibilant. There is a very mild amount of graininess in the treble but I only notice it occasionally. I would say this is a mid-centric IEM but only just and not and the detriment of the bass or treble.

Out of the genres I listen to such as live acoustic music, Celtic music, jazz, classic rock, classical, country this IEM manages to perform them all well, offering a nice balanced sound for all of the genres. I own several AKG full size headphones and definitely hear a family resemblance in the signature. So these are an excellent option for anyone who loves the AKG house sound.

I personally rank these as one of the best $50 or under IEM's I have owned and would say they compete well against many IEM's up to the $100 price point.

No member lists contain this item yet.
AKG X323XS
By:

Extremely small micro driver IEM with big sound.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › AKG X323XS