Pros: Depth, bass is just right, clean sound
Cons: Overpriced, cushions could be better
I've been using the Q 350s for some days now and after experimenting with the so called, seals, I was really impressed with how important actually is to choose the rights ones for your ears. After your responds (and I thank you for those) I came to conclude though, no pair of included cushions was good enough for my ears, so I used another 's brand cushions which suited me fine.
Now I have to say that I'm very pleased with my Q 350s , bass sounds right, depth is fine, highs are fine and the volume is just fine as well. So I'm gonna edit my review, and keep this comment instead. However, I believe that Q 350s are definitely the best earphones I have used, but they still cost too much for their quality. They should cost around 25-30 euros.
MY OLDER REVIEW:
Let's begin by saying I want my money back. But unfortunately I can't have them.
I wanted to buy a new set of earphones to replace the crappy ones which came with my Nokia Mobile.I had used AKG earphones before, and I was (and still am) very pleased with them. I own the K312P model. I only wanted to replace them because I needed ear-canal type of earphones to use on loud environments. I just got my hands on my new Q 350 an hour ago, and I have to say I'm frustrated the least. Why?
1) The sound is horrible
2) The bass is simply NON-existent and let no one fool you about that!
3) The highs are so high that my ears actually hurt
4) The volume is so much decreased compared to any other earphones I use right now
Besides the sound quality itself:
5) The cable is kinda sort
6) The cushions are too big for my medium sized ears. I had to use the small size, but even then they aren' t comfortable at all.
7) I've used 3 sources. On my mobile I had to pull the plug a little out in order to attach them properly. Otherwise all i heard was the right channel.
On my PC the sound was even more terrible than my mobile (that's the part where my ears hurt). On my Discman the sound was acceptable, but far worse than any other pair I own anyway.
8) The price is too high. My previous AKG earphones cost around 10-15 euros. I got Q 350 for 52 euros. I expected at least 30 euros worth of better quality, but all I got was a 3 euros worth of quality earphones.
9) I don't like the green color, but I already knew it from the beginning so...
10) The case say "cable-winder included". It is not.
For reference reasons I tested these side by side to my AKG K312P (they still rock), my Nokia ones which came with my mobile, and my 2 sets of Sony Ericsson which also came with my mobile. The Q 350s failed in every comparison, even against me mediocre Nokia earphones. They also failed in the comfort factor.
The music I tested is basically rock music (Tool, Radiohead, Monster Magnet, Mars Volta, and Requiem For A Dream soundtrack). They failed in EVERY test.
Now, whenever I see another "Quincy Jones approved product", I'm gonna run away!!
Can I have my money back mr. Jones???
Shame on AKG!