Very good earphones

A Review On: AKG Q350 In Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Line

AKG Q350 In Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Line

Rated # 146 in Universal Fit
immortalwind

Pros: Depth, bass is just right, clean sound

Cons: Overpriced, cushions could be better

EDIT:

I've been using the Q 350s for some days now and after experimenting with the so called, seals, I was really impressed with how important actually is to choose the rights ones for your ears. After your responds (and I thank you for those) I came to conclude though, no pair of included cushions was good enough for my ears, so I used another 's brand cushions which suited me fine.

Now I have to say that I'm very pleased with my Q 350s , bass sounds right, depth is fine, highs are fine and the volume is just fine as well. So I'm gonna edit my review, and keep this comment instead. However, I believe that Q 350s are definitely the best earphones I have used, but they still cost too much for their quality. They should cost around 25-30 euros.

MY OLDER REVIEW:

Let's begin by saying I want my money back. But unfortunately I can't have them.

I wanted to buy a new set of earphones to replace the crappy ones which came with my Nokia Mobile.I had used AKG earphones before, and I was (and still am) very pleased with them. I own the K312P model. I only wanted to replace them because I needed ear-canal type of earphones to use on loud environments. I just got my hands on my new Q 350 an hour ago, and I have to say I'm frustrated the least. Why?

1) The sound is horrible
2) The bass is simply NON-existent and let no one fool you about that!
3) The highs are so high that my ears actually hurt
4) The volume is so much decreased compared to any other earphones I use right now

Besides the sound quality itself:

5) The cable is kinda sort
6) The cushions are too big for my medium sized ears. I had to use the small size, but even then they aren' t comfortable at all.
7) I've used 3 sources. On my mobile I had to pull the plug a little out in order to attach them properly. Otherwise all i heard was the right channel.
On my PC the sound was even more terrible than my mobile (that's the part where my ears hurt). On my Discman the sound was acceptable, but far worse than any other pair I own anyway.
8) The price is too high. My previous AKG earphones cost around 10-15 euros. I got Q 350 for 52 euros. I expected at least 30 euros worth of better quality, but all I got was a 3 euros worth of quality earphones.
9) I don't like the green color, but I already knew it from the beginning so...
10) The case say "cable-winder included". It is not.

For reference reasons I tested these side by side to my AKG K312P (they still rock), my Nokia ones which came with my mobile, and my 2 sets of Sony Ericsson which also came with my mobile. The Q 350s failed in every comparison, even against me mediocre Nokia earphones. They also failed in the comfort factor.

The music I tested is basically rock music (Tool, Radiohead, Monster Magnet, Mars Volta, and Requiem For A Dream soundtrack). They failed in EVERY test.

Now, whenever I see another "Quincy Jones approved product", I'm gonna run away!!

Can I have my money back mr. Jones???

Shame on AKG!

Are you absolutely sure you got a perfect seal with them? Your explanation sounds like what happens most of the time with a bad seal...but these could really just be that bad, who knows.
1) The sound is horrible
2) The bass is simply NON-existent and let no one fool you about that!
3) The highs are so high that my ears actually hurt
You just described exactly what happens when you have a bad seal... Recheck your seal and try again. If you can't get a good fit, try 3rd party tips.
I admit it, you may be right. I'm gonna experiment a little more tomorrow and tell you the results. Funny though, I never had issues with sealing before with my sony ericsson earphones (which sound great anyway).
I have these headphones... I don't really like in-ear headphones (I bought it to leave it in my bag, as a backup, in case I don't have my full-sized ones), so I can't compare to others in-ears. But anyway... the sound is not the best, but it's far from horrible IMO. And there's a lot of bass (I'm listening to some drum & bass tracks with it right now). The highs are a bit harsh, though (but since I rarely use these, they have almost no burn-in... maybe this will improve in time).
Regarding the cushions, I tried the medium but switched to the large ones to get a better sound. With the mediums, the seal is really affected.
Glad you've found the right seals and you're enjoying them now. Though I agree, they are a bit expensive for what they deliver.
I had these, and had them stolen (someone liked the snot green I s'pose). Anyway like immortalwind, I actually enjoyed these IEM's. I found them really comfortable using the mid-size seals and the sound was pleasing after a decent 3 day burn in. The bass was lacking, but mids and highs sounded pretty good. Not too muddied and not too pitchy. They were however way overpriced. I paid $80 US and will not pay the same to replace them. I have to say I expected more from them.