Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AKG K701 Studio Headphones › Reviews › BK201's Review

Despite all the hate, I love these

A Review On: AKG K701 Studio Headphones

AKG K701 Studio Headphones

BK201
Posted · 214 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: nice mid-treble ratio, soundstage

Cons: bass rolls off

Similar sounding to the HD600, but is a bit brighter.

Not as bright as the DT880.

One thing that I like about these headphones is the out-of-head experience that it provides. It's like hearing the music in 3D and you can easily pick apart the instruments.

I think the weakness is the lack of bass (similar to the HD600) and maybe that it can get a bit harsh in the 2-3kHz region at times leading to a somewhat honky sound.

But the soundstage is fantastic, very similar to the HD800 in terms of presentation of sounds.

Oh and those headband bumps... glad they got rid of them in the limited edition 65th edition K702s. Maybe the K703's or whatever the next variation in the line-up will have the new headband. I wish AKG would make a new flagship.

1 Comment:

Yes, I am truly surprised that there has not been a mod to get rid of the honky-hands over your ears, sound. I still love em and own two sets.