Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AKG K701 Studio Headphones › Reviews › muxamed's Review

Another legendary headphone from AKG

A Review On: AKG K701 Studio Headphones

AKG K701 Studio Headphones

muxamed

Pros: Airiness, resolution, mids, musicality

Cons: can be a little uncomfortable on the crown

I have had these headphones for some time now and would like to write a simple review. They sound absolutely fantastic. I also have a Sennheiser HD 650 which I immensely like for all their virtues but after purchasing k701 I rarely reach for my Senns. k701 is a better allrounder and particularly fits the music styles I love the most, classical and jazz. That big and airy sound is simply magical. Every note and every small detail is so clearly reproduced and presented. The tone is very balanced and quite natural.

The AKG 7XXs all around like none other. I've yet to find something that doesn't work well with their sound.
I would prefer the K 701 to have a little more weight on the low-end, and the earpads are kind of stiff and large on my face, but other than that I think they're really great headphones. :)
imaging? thin sounding? lack of bass?
you got them for a good price :D