Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AKG K618DJ › AKG K618DJ Reviews

AKG K618DJ Reviews

Positive Reviews

longsleeper

DECENT SOUND IN POCKET SIZE

Pros: Solid built quality. Design. If folded can carry them in pocket. Full frequency range ..i can hear as 20hz as 16 khz. Beautiful detailed mids.

Cons: If you´re "bighead" these are not for you)). Big clamping force. Too strong(subjectively) and a bit muddy bass. Thin (cheap) cable.

Overall the best 100 bucks foldable headphones i´ve found. The big clamping force can be reduced with bunch of books between cans overnight :-).Plastic parts seems made of very tenacious material,so i hope don´t need any other cans till 2020 hahah              I don´t know why i can´t leave comment.By clicking "Comment" nothing happen. Headphone man 07 : Don´t understand your question...they are quite small supraaural

Negative Reviews

KingKokos

Totally disappointed

Pros: Good sound quality

Cons: Extremely poor build

My first pair was AKG K518DJ. Had them for 3 years and was very satisfied as they were cheap and did a great job. Pretty well build and good sound quality. For that reason I became a fan of AKG and bought the AKG K618DJ. That was a disaster. After only 3 times of use, the right arm broke (cheap plastic). I taped it and then after a month the left arm broke too. Now the whole right arm collapsed. Although  the sound quality is great with this pair of headphones, I found the build to be very cheap and not consistent to the name AKG.

More Reviews

AlphaRedFox

Pretty Great Cans!

Pros: Really comfortable, and a great fit. Nice and fluent sounds.

Cons: Start to hurt your ears after an hour of use

Overall, these are really great headphones. I pre-ordered these a few weeks before their release in the U.S, and I got them a few days after release. I was pretty excited to get these, and when they arrived, I was presented with a beautiful box sporting the sexy AKG logo. The headphones sound pretty amazing for the 100 dollar price tag, and I gotta admit, they look more than they're worth. The only real problems I have with these is that they will serve a little bit of pain after around of hour of use, but that's not really an issue in my opinion.  To see an unboxing, check out my YouTube video!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzmRptOcb3w