Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AKG K618DJ

AKG K618DJ

Pros: Good sound quality

Cons: Extremely poor build

My first pair was AKG K518DJ. Had them for 3 years and was very satisfied as they were cheap and did a great job. Pretty well build and good sound quality. For that reason I became a fan of AKG and bought the AKG K618DJ.

That was a disaster. After only 3 times of use, the right arm broke (cheap plastic). I taped it and then after a month the left arm broke too. Now the whole right arm collapsed. Although  the sound quality is great with this pair of headphones, I found the build to be very cheap and not consistent to the name AKG.

Pros: Solid built quality. Design. If folded can carry them in pocket. Full frequency range ..i can hear as 20hz as 16 khz. Beautiful detailed mids.

Cons: If you´re "bighead" these are not for you)). Big clamping force. Too strong(subjectively) and a bit muddy bass. Thin (cheap) cable.

Overall the best 100 bucks foldable headphones i´ve found. The big clamping force can be reduced with bunch of books between cans overnight :-).Plastic parts seems made of very tenacious material,so i hope don´t need any other cans till 2020 hahah

I don´t know why i can´t leave comment.By clicking "Comment" nothing happen.

Headphone man 07 : Don´t understand your question...they are quite small supraaural

Pros: Really comfortable, and a great fit. Nice and fluent sounds.

Cons: Start to hurt your ears after an hour of use

Overall, these are really great headphones. I pre-ordered these a few weeks before their release in the U.S, and I got them a few days after release. I was pretty excited to get these, and when they arrived, I was presented with a beautiful box sporting the sexy AKG logo. The headphones sound pretty amazing for the 100 dollar price tag, and I gotta admit, they look more than they're worth. The only real problems I have with these is that they will serve a little bit of pain after around of hour of use, but that's not really an issue in my opinion.

To see an unboxing, check out my YouTube video!

AKG K618DJ
By:

Power, clarity and performance. DJs have the power to shape the audio experience. So do their headphones. AKG® K618 DJ headphones boast a high SPL capability for powerful sound. Lightweight and comfortable, they deliver the clarity and performance – even at low listening levels – that has made audio professionals choose the AKG brand again and again. The closed-back ear-cup design keeps outside noise out, and the 3D-Axis folding mechanism makes the K618 DJs easy to transport and store. Whether you’re an audio pro or you just want the perfect companion for your portable media player or tablet, these are the headphones for you.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AKG K618DJ