A class of it's own.

A Review On: AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)

AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)

SonyMDRer
Posted · Updated · 4449 Views · 2 Comments

Pros: Very spacious, tight bass with punch, sparkle treble region, easy to drive

Cons: Some people might not like the treble region, the cable seems flimsy

Personally, this is my favorite headphone.

I gave this headphone a conservative 4/5 because I simply have not had the chance to try all the headphones in the world, so I'm sure there are some headphones that can hit 5/5.

First of all, these are closed back headphones with a good amount of isolation. With that said, it is amazing how 'airy' these headphones feel. They offer tight bass with punch which is quite unique to its class. Furthermore, this headphone has a beautiful treble region which gives tons of sparkle giving you the feeling that this headphone reveals a lot of detail.

The only negative thing I can say about these headphones, it is that some people have complained that the spike in the treble region becomes bothersome. With that said, I personally love the treble spike so it does not bother me at all!

For a more detailed review, please see my video review located here:

I really liked your review, I am not currently looking for a pair these I was just browsing around but it is always nice to see some one with a headphone they are really happy with.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad I made an impression on you :)