Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone › Reviews › armeko's Review

Dark/muddy in a good package

A Review On: AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone

AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone

Rated # 359 in Headphones
armeko

Pros: Portable, good case

Cons: Dark and muddy, even amped

Although having a drawer full of portable headphones there was room for one more. I got these for use during commute, replacing a sennheiser px 200 II. The form factor appeals to me and it comes with a sturdy case. Soundwise however these are very dark and even a bit muddy sounding cans. I have an iPod nano going to an iBasso PB2. That should be enough juice.

All in all I used them them for half a year, getting used to their sound signature, but in the end they didn't convince me and found a place in the drawer.

Did you enjoy them more than the px200ii? and have you tried the px100ii?
try various position on the ear, see if the echo-iness goes off. i finally had to EQ mine to get back the AKG soundsig.
@ PanamaHat
I A/B them just now and the AKG 450 is for me all in all a better sounding headphone than the PX200II when it comes to soundstage. It sounds less confined. If you're not bothered by their sound signature they are much more enjoyable that the px200 which is more bland. btw depending on the size of your head the headband can be to narrow. This is the only haedphone where I had that issue with.