Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone › AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone Reviews

AKG K 450 Premium Foldable Headphone Reviews

Positive Reviews

Talgarius

My Akg K450

Pros: Sound, comfort, useable, box and changeable cable...

Cons: ... changeable cables not an standard cable, and if damaged you cant replace that easily :(

Sound quality: - with FLAC music:  bass is lot  medium is average  high is medium-high Tested with rock music, drum and bass and beatbox. Recommended for music with lot of bass. Clear, not noise heared.   - with MP3 music:  bass is more  medium is high  high is lower Tested with 320kbs mp3s and sound is clear but sometimes hear low noise effect.   Volume level is very good high. I like this headphone. You need just try one, and you like them too :)

Negative Reviews

Johannus

Bassy and extremely recessed mids and highs.

Pros: Good case, confortable.

Cons: Everything about the sound. It is extremely recessed on the mids and highs. Extremely muffled sound.

I am really desapointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this.   These cans are bassy and have an extremely recessed mids and highs. The sound is extremely muffled. You, absolutely, can not hear to any detail on the music with these cans.   For the same price or even cheaper, with a better quality, go with Philips Citiscape Downtown or Sennheiser PX200.

More Reviews

armeko

Dark/muddy in a good package

Pros: Portable, good case

Cons: Dark and muddy, even amped

Although having a drawer full of portable headphones there was room for one more. I got these for use during commute, replacing a sennheiser px 200 II. The form factor appeals to me and it comes with a sturdy case. Soundwise however these are very dark and even a bit muddy sounding cans. I have an iPod nano going to an iBasso PB2. That should be enough juice. All in all I used them them for half a year, getting used to their sound signature, but in the end they didn't convince me and found a place in the drawer.
TRANCEilvanian

AKG K 450

Pros: Big punchy bass, warm but detailed sound, compact and foldable

Cons: Sound can get muddy if not amped enough, cable on the short side, cushions can make your ears sweat after longer uses

If your looking for a fun sounding headphone thats strong on bass and and smooth sounding it could be it!
Griffith

Decent sound in an awesome form factor

Pros: Highly portable, replaceable cables, great packaging

Cons: Considerably fragile, due to a lot of moving parts. Sound is a bit muddied

I bought these headphones as a replacement for my (still working) PortaPro, because I needed a nice portable headphone that folded into a neat flat shape. After a bit of reading, I decided to pickup these headphones, and while I wasn't expecting much from them in terms of sound quality, there were other aspects of this headphone that made it worth the purchase for me.   I cannot overstate how much I love the portability aspect of the AKG K450. When moving around, I'm usually carrying with me a Knomo sleeve bag made for the 13" Macbook Air, and with the way these headphones fold, they are about as thick as a notebook.   They are also packaged with a nice carrying case,...
Oeufdepoire

Excellent budget portable cans

Pros: Ultra-portable, detachable cables, good sound

Cons: Short and fragile cable, hard clamping, made in China

The AKG K 450 is the first higher-than-SHS3200-end pair of cans I had (and at that time it's the only one). I wanted to be able to listen to good sound in the bus without hearing uninteresting conversations, so I started to search for good budget closed headphones for Christmas. After having spent four hours searching, comparing and reading reviews on Head-Fi.org ("Wow, this is a good site, I should keep it in mind..."), I decided that it had to be the K 450.   This will be rather a pragmatic review, because I don't master English very well yet.   Value: I wanted a very portable pair of "cheap" (60 € on Thomann) cans. I didn't wanted headphones I would have had to...