Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › AKG K 271 Studio › AKG K 271 Studio Reviews

AKG K 271 Studio Reviews

Teska

Stumbled upon this headphone on an internet search, best buy I 've ever done !

Pros: Self-adjusting headband, mute switch when taken off, great comfort, removable cord and earpads, supurb mids and highs, great image, honest sound

Cons: Little thight on my head, some more bass would be wecome.

This AKG came into my possesion "accidently". During a rondom internet search I came across this headphone, that were to be sold for €75. I did an offer of €60 and the guy accepted. I went to his place and took it home were I did an immidiate comperisement with my Beyerdynamic DT770 pro in the same pricerange. This one gave the DT770 a run for his money !   Comfort: The AKG is second hand, I think it's originally sold around 2004 somewhere. By sitting in the box for years (according to the seller), the earpads were out of shape, so I 've put new velvet earpads on it. I like the feel of velvet more than the fake leather. Wear comfort is great, just put it on and that's it. Sits...
andi85

For those seemingly endless days in the studio

Pros: Great for recording

Cons: Not my first choice for listening

My first serious pair of headphones … Having grown out of my previous AKG K-55 I was recommended those. I liked their sound and comfort better than with the smaller K171 Studio, so I spent the extra cash on them. My decision back then wasn't really well informed as I did not test many different headphones from different brands, but six years later my decision still holds up well.   As all the other classic AKGs, the K271 fits my head perfectly. It was very comfortable with the stock leather pads, however, since I retrofitted it with the new velours pads it has gotten even better. There's simply less heat building under the velours.   Soundwise, I like the way they...