Great neutral monitor for use in a small room. I use these to mix (a little) and listen (a lot) as part of a desktop set up.

A Review On: Adam Audio A5X Powered Studio Monitor (5.5 inch, 100 watts)

Adam Audio A5X Powered Studio Monitor (5.5 inch, 100 watts)

Rated # 23 in Computer Speakers
Quality
armeko

Pros: Good soundstage, detailed with enough bass. The smaller a3x lacks (too much) bass. Although the bigger a7x as more bottom end the a5x delivers enough.

Cons: None that I can think off. Then again I don't have any other monitors to compare to

I purchased these as part of a desktop set up. I use them to mix (logic) or listen music. Rest of the set up: iMac > usb out via M2tech hiface II > metrum acoustics > adam a5x. Beware, I don't have any other experience with monitors in this setting.

The a5x are positioned in the middle between the smaller a3x and bigger a7x (I think a a8x also has been released).

The overall sound is balanced and clear with a good soundstage. Especially in a desktop set up I find them delivering on all fronts. I checked out the smaller a3x but these lacked too much in the bass department. The a7x were good, but to big (and pricier) for my taste. Top end is present but not harsh. A nice feature is that you can link the two units and control the volume with one knob. Handy.

Overall they are great monitors.

Does this have stereo RCA inputs? How to the 2 speakers connect to each other?
Stereo in per speaker? Not exactly, you have inputs for one channel balanced/unbalanced. The speakers are connected by inputting the L/R channels in one speaker and using the output to connect 1 channel to the other speaker
Thanks for the info. Do these have an auto shut off feature? Or, do you have to power them off when not in use?
I currently have some Audioengine A5+ powered speakers which I enjoy, but I'm looking for a bit more resolution and these Adam Audio speakers may be just the ticket.
Each speaker has an on/off switch.