Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Custom › 1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEM › Reviews › benzoylmethyl's Review

1964 Quad "Q"

A Review On: 1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEM

1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEM

Rated # 7 in Custom
benzoylmethyl

Pros: Amazing customer service, inoffensive sound, stupid bass for an IEM

Cons: A little boring for my taste

The price paid is because I had to do rushed-rush processing.  1964 delivered, with the best customer service imaginable.

The Q has great lows, very good mids, but lack a little in the highs.  I like heavily colored headphones and I knew the Q was a reference monitor going in...but that didn't keep me from being a bit disappointed by the lack of excitement to their sound.

I would say that for 90% of the people on head-fi, these would be a very good fit.  Basically, unless you're an overly sensitive little girl and think the K601/701 has too much bass or you're like me and want your headphones to lend their own character to your music, you will be hugely satisfied with these monitors.

Check my full review here:

Comments: