Posts by Artmuzz

I have good news. I was able to jailbreak my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.4 and I am still able to access the system files using iFile. I have uncapped the EU volume cap by editing the appropriate files in the System and var/mobile/library/preferences.
The iPhone has to be jailbroken. Unfortunately if you have updated to iOS 8.1.3 then you are out of luck as there is no jailbreak at the moment for that. However, if you haven't updated to 8.1.3 then you can google for the taig jailbreak for ios 8. Once you have the phone jailbroken you can install iFile on Cydia and then go to system/library/frameworks/MediaToolBox.framework and find the EUVolumeLimits.plist and change the current volume setting to 1. Do the same on the...
I managed to get rid of the awful EU volume cap on my EU iPhone 6 Plus. I can tell you that the SQ is now fantastic. The music has more punch and the soundstage is better as well has it being a lot louder. Jailbreaking is the way to go for audiophiles who have the EU iPhone 5, 5S and iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
I recently bought the Sony EX450 IEMs and I am very impressed with the SQ. The soundstage is quite deep and they are very crisp clear with good bass, mids and highs. Great sound for under £40.
I've noticed the sound on my iPhone 6+ sometimes distorts with bass on EQ10 app which is my favourite eq app on iOS. However EQ10 doesn't distort on my iPhone 5S using the same EQ settings and sounds better. However when I use Audioforge Equalizer on my iPhone 6+ the sound quality is very good and it doesn't distort. Strange.
I am very happy with the SQ on my iPhone 6 Plus but it's strange how What Hi-FI say the iPhone 6 Plus SQ is muffled and slow compared to the iPhone 6 considering they both use the same DAC.
I will ask again. does anyone know if the iPhone 6 Plus uses the same DAC and Amp as the iPhone 6? No?
Does anyone know if the iPhone 6 has the same Amp and DAC as the 6 Plus?
I have owned quite a few excellent DAPs including Sony and Cowon and I am quite satisfied with the SQ of my iPhone 6 Plus and I don't find the sound at all muffled which is reported here. Either the ones who are saying the 6 Plus is muffled have defective units or the music files are of poor quality. BTW I have got Neutron sounding nice on my iPhone 6 Plus though my B&W C5 IEMs.
I'm not sure if you are quoting the right person when you mention the EU volume cap. It was me who mentioned the volume cap not smaragd.