Posts by alcyst

Entry ------------------ Asus Essence STX (1) Audio-gd Compass (2) Beresford TC-7510 (1) Beresford TC-7520 (2) Beresford TC-7520 SE (Caiman) (1) Cambridge Audio DacMagic (6) EMU-0404 (3) EMU-1212m (1) Headamp Pico dac only (1) HRT Music Streamer+ (1) iBasso D10 (1) Keces DA-151mkII (1) Little Dot DAC_I (2) Maverick Audio Tube Magic (1) MF VDAC (3) Music Hall DAC 25.2 (heavily modded) (1) RSA The Predator (1) Silverstone EB01...
I'm enjoying this; looking at the picture you can see the name Bennic. A bit of searcing yields; "Bennic & Company is one of the largest suppliers of crossover components in the world. Their quality products are associated with reputable brand names like: BANG & OLUFSEN, DALI, ELTAX, HARMAN, DYNAUDIO, MISSION, CELESTION, WHARFEDALE, KEF, B+W, LINN, ROGERS, SONUS FABER, AUDAX, FOCAL, ELIPSON, CABASSE, T + A, INTERTECHNIK, HECO, ELAC, SOLEN, CANADIAN SPEAKERTECH, HI-VI,...
I have a pair of 803s and they sound great with a Lavardin IT. The external build quality is excellent. I havn't opened them up to check the parts. Curious about the P5s. Just be careful bidding blind someplace, B&W used to offer a P5 loudspeaker, sometime back in the 90s (maybe earlier?)
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray players/recorder reviews - CNET Reviews
thanks, it's good to get some recommendations
I take it all back, well, partly. There are SACD players out there. Arcam, Oppo, Marantz, and Denon have a range (Marantz & Denon are the same company), Philips used to have a range can't find any current model numbers. Sony don't feature the SCD XA5400ES player on their Canadian website (where I am right now). I found this post when I did a google.ca search for the 5400ES "Doubt it's available in Canada. From what I hear it's tough to find anywhere right now." The...
I have been looking into high quality playback of discs, and either I am misreading things or there are only a few SACD players out there? Sony don't seem to have any (?, the new PS3 wont play SACDs), Denon have 1 (DVD-A1UDCI at about USD 4500). Pioneer may have 1. Anybody care to make suggestions. My thinking is I want to begin to play higher(-est) quality music files. Downloads and computer playback are ok, but they are often only 96/24 and 88.2/24. 96/24 and 88.2/24...
The UE website list led me to Marshall Chasin at musicians clinics of Canada (www.musiciansclinics.com). He did the impression as part of a hearing test. Straightforward & efficient. It was reassuring to find the hearing test came out ok. I was becoming convinced that not being able to make out conversation in a noisy environment was a sign that my hearing was going, but the test said that was not the case.
their Auditor is new in '09, what prompted you to try it? Only designed (recommended?) for headphones of 30 ohm+. Does someone else on head fi use their Phonitor as an Avatar? SPL make big claims for that, and the reviews have been positive.
I searched for something on this but could't find anything. I have to say getting a stranger to squirt blue goo deep into your ear (deep enough that it feels almost painful), then leaving you in pretty complete silence, all the time with your mouth hanging open (but not too open!) is an experience worth of a reality TV show. Not to mention the fact that the audiologist may have done a hearing test beforehand. And may have announced that you have some mild loss at the...