Posts by alcyst

Entry ------------------ Asus Essence STX (2) Audio-gd Compass (2) Beresford TC-7510 (1) Beresford TC-7520 (2) Beresford TC-7520 SE (Caiman) (1) Cambridge Audio DacMagic (6) Edirol UA-25 (1) EMU-0404 (3) EMU-1212m (1) Headamp Pico dac only (1) HRT Music Streamer+ (1) iBasso D10 (1) Keces DA-151mkII (1) Little Dot DAC_I (2) Maverick Audio Tube Magic (1) MF VDAC (3) Music Hall DAC 25.2 (heavily modded) (1) RSA The Predator (1) Silverstone EB01...
cujobob, you recommend "Listening to them yourself kind of goes without saying IMO", but every company you mentioned is direct or DIY or (in the case of Seaton which has no website) doesn't even have information available. Help me out here, should someone buy blind, or try before buying? Don't get me wrong, I have auditioned stuff carefully (B&W & HD800s), and bought blind (RSA Hornet), but I've heard enough variation when auditioning to believe that I am missing...
I am using the EMU 0404 USB as a DAC (Wadia transport & Phonitor). I am using a digital coax cable for input, and a pair of 1/4 TRS to XLR cables for output. Anthing else I can do to optimise the DAC output from the EMU? As far as I can see the only choice I have is the volume level I set on the Main Output. Currently that is at about 1-2 o'clock, anything higher pushes the amp VUs into the red zone. Is the EMU like other digital devices that compress sound at lower...
Entry ------------------ Asus Essence STX (1) Audio-gd Compass (2) Beresford TC-7510 (1) Beresford TC-7520 (2) Beresford TC-7520 SE (Caiman) (1) Cambridge Audio DacMagic (6) EMU-0404 (3) EMU-1212m (1) Headamp Pico dac only (1) HRT Music Streamer+ (1) iBasso D10 (1) Keces DA-151mkII (1) Little Dot DAC_I (2) Maverick Audio Tube Magic (1) MF VDAC (3) Music Hall DAC 25.2 (heavily modded) (1) RSA The Predator (1) Silverstone EB01...
I'm enjoying this; looking at the picture you can see the name Bennic. A bit of searcing yields; "Bennic & Company is one of the largest suppliers of crossover components in the world. Their quality products are associated with reputable brand names like: BANG & OLUFSEN, DALI, ELTAX, HARMAN, DYNAUDIO, MISSION, CELESTION, WHARFEDALE, KEF, B+W, LINN, ROGERS, SONUS FABER, AUDAX, FOCAL, ELIPSON, CABASSE, T + A, INTERTECHNIK, HECO, ELAC, SOLEN, CANADIAN SPEAKERTECH, HI-VI,...
I have a pair of 803s and they sound great with a Lavardin IT. The external build quality is excellent. I havn't opened them up to check the parts. Curious about the P5s. Just be careful bidding blind someplace, B&W used to offer a P5 loudspeaker, sometime back in the 90s (maybe earlier?)
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray players/recorder reviews - CNET Reviews
thanks, it's good to get some recommendations
I take it all back, well, partly. There are SACD players out there. Arcam, Oppo, Marantz, and Denon have a range (Marantz & Denon are the same company), Philips used to have a range can't find any current model numbers. Sony don't feature the SCD XA5400ES player on their Canadian website (where I am right now). I found this post when I did a google.ca search for the 5400ES "Doubt it's available in Canada. From what I hear it's tough to find anywhere right now." The...
I have been looking into high quality playback of discs, and either I am misreading things or there are only a few SACD players out there? Sony don't seem to have any (?, the new PS3 wont play SACDs), Denon have 1 (DVD-A1UDCI at about USD 4500). Pioneer may have 1. Anybody care to make suggestions. My thinking is I want to begin to play higher(-est) quality music files. Downloads and computer playback are ok, but they are often only 96/24 and 88.2/24. 96/24 and 88.2/24...