Posts by alcyst

Not sure where this belongs, so I will post it twice (here & Headphone amps (full size); looking at the Bel Canto website, they were at CES and announced a number of products, at least 2 of which have special interest here; "e.One DAC2.5 192kHz 24-bit DAC Control Center Independent DAC Headphone Circuit ....A ¼” front-panel headphone jack driven by its own DAC/Amplifier combo that optimizes both headphone and main-out listening." and, "e.One DAC1.5 192kHz...
Not sure where this belongs, so I will post it twice (here & the high-end forum); looking at the Bel Canto website, they were at CES and announced a number of products, at least 2 of which have special interest here; "e.One DAC2.5 192kHz 24-bit DAC Control Center Independent DAC Headphone Circuit ....A ¼” front-panel headphone jack driven by its own DAC/Amplifier combo that optimizes both headphone and main-out listening." and, "e.One DAC1.5 192kHz 24-bit DAC...
I have been reading a lot recently by people giving out about the (over)-use of compression, could someone recommend an album that is apparently well produced, but has lots of compression?
Not sure why the excitement here. We have been waiting for the "170" DAC, wasn't it going to be called the 121? Instead we get iPhone ability, and a "new" remote. Big deal.
pThey have some details on their website, no price though. It plays iPhones , and seems bigger, other than that I have no idea.
After all this no-one will admit to just leaving them lying around (that's the real reason that burglar wouldn't touch them). How do you protect them? back in the box after every listen? I have been trying to buy the CPC1 and HPS1, but they are tricky to find, at least in Ireland and on-line in the UK. Suggestions?
"Many of the tracks which were originally recorded for Smile eventually found their way onto subsequent Beach Boys albums."
This is from an email from Craig "The power supply has a meter, and voltage adjust. You turn the voltage adjust to read 4V, or 5V. The only burden on you is to remember which tube you are using." so looks like he has made it standard
Some of the amps with a great crossfeed function show up the headphone vs loudspeaker behaviour. On the SPL Phonitor thread we were looking at; Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill; seasick making on headphones, just wobbly on speakers/crossfeed The Body Acoustic; Mintzer, Hidalgo, Gonzalez, Chesky, Brecker; unlistenable on headphones, interesting on speakers/crossfeed
Wadia reply makes sense, though it's a pity. what are you using to listen now?