Posts by alcyst

Thanks Markmaxx. I've always been drawn to the Cardas ones more, think it the name or the aura of a more established brand. No sensible reason.
I bought my PX-4s from Craig EC Uthus. Where are people going for balanced cables, I have HD800s?
Markmaxx I'm in Ireland, am not allowed keeps bikes in the house (we get rain), and should wait until amps have at least a few hours on them, it's about half way to the 40hours. I enjoy the whole maturing process. I'm enjoying listening to the BA, maybe it's just the other things (other than the cymbals) are so obviously good. Listening to Kid Charlemagne/Steely Dan the long cymbal notes (those spills every now and again) are dryer(?) on the BA than on the Stax 007. I...
Thing that surprised me about the BA is how warm the baseplate of the power supply gets, apparently it is a heat sink.
Markmaxx, i'm only showing I noticed. I own bikes & a BA as well, & I like both. Only bad part of a BA in June is it's cycling weather. I have a Stax Omega, and the BA/HD800 is more tactile. Though so far the BA seems a bit less crystalline on cymbals. I like both.
Dunno about the Bianchi, but the matching tape is eye-catching.
My BA arrived, works, & I'm happy. And busy listening, so see ya
Woo hoo, final instalment paid. I can feel it coming. Only a balanced cable for my HD800s to get. What are people going for.
Was HDTracks US only? They have taken my order on this.
This may have been suggested before, we probably need a "Stax ear pads" thread