or Connect

Posts by alcyst

I've seen Hifiman, and noticed the link. At a distance it is not easy to see exactly what is happening. Wasn't sure if the two were the same thing or different but associated.
I'm curious, what's become of HEAudio. Reading scraps on websites it seems like they went quietly out of business?
I have 2 pairs CIEM, both arrived as scheduled, neither needed re-fitting. As for re-sake anything custom is, custom.
I'm wondering if he operates in a Bose-Einstein condensate world. "In 1999, Danish physicist Lene Hau led a team from Harvard University which slowed a beam of light to about 17 meters per second.[clarification needed], using a superfluid."If light travels slowly presumably time does also.
Investigated my own question. Bought & downloaded a dsf album. Tried add folder to library and iTunes did precisely nothing. Presumably if it doesnt recognise the filetype it ignores it. Oh well, just have to work on my file housekeeping.
Setamp, your location could also read ...Pittsburgh? The benefits of the umbilical are lower noise floor (through shielding?), is that what you found?
I originally used iTunes to manage my music library and it worked. Over the last while I've purchased formats that iTunes won't play (DSD, higher sampling rates), and I put all of those in a separate set of folders. I use JRiver to play those files. That worked as long as there was a modest collection of files. Now the stuff-iTunes-won't-play is getting big & messy. Sticking it all into iTunes would simplify the database management. The question is, will iTunes do...
It is a nice amp. I have been using it with LCD 3 recently, different to the 009 but good.   Anybody tried the aftermarket umbilical cords? Cables are a divisive issue, are replacement umbilicals...more divisive?
Nice. It is a relativistic rather than absolute quantity. Had been wondering if he worked off US standard or metric,
THIS IS TONGUE IN CHEEK   Maybe someone could help where Google Translate could not. When Justin says "about a week", what does that mean?