Posts by alcyst

I've had my AK100 for a while, but only tried to play 24/176 & 24/192 tracks through the optical output today. And nothing. Lower rate files play fine through the optical output. Everything sounds fine through the headphone output. Am I missing something basic?
I havn't tried it, anybody know would JRiver Media Centre - JRemote - ipad - Hugo allow high resolution playback?
I havn't tried it, anybody know would JRiver Media Centre - JRemote - ipad - DAC/amp allow high resolution playback?
I contacted Chord about this, they got back promptly and straightforwardly with; "   When new the optical connectors can be quite tight. You should be able to push the supplied cable in until it clicks. As long as it is a tight fit it will be fine and work."
I'm getting the same problem. The optical port seems so recessed within the casing that the optical connectors i have are not clicking and i am getting no connection.
DSD seems to rank pretty lowly.
This is the wrong time of year to do that taunty tempting jokey thing. Like you are joking, uh?
Nothing wrong with waiting for something. Think the problem can be that the best/only source of information is this website. The best source should be the website that the original order was made on, and the update could be as little as "Current likely delivery date: Oct 2017". Think the iFruit website flags 2-4 weeks and people like B&HPhoto list things as "Expected in stock Feb 2014".No need to let this deteriorate into a bashing forum.
 "think deposit was a full payment" THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?! Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
+1 It is fair that Justin can take the appropriate time, and no-one will forgive him if he does not. In an era of traceable shipments it is jarring to find something that is quite so, quiet. Think part of mjbok's problem is that unless you read this forum on head-fi, page by page, there is little source of confirmation that the project is still live. By inference you can work out "if I ordered in late 2012, then I am in the right part of the queue", but nothing confirmed....