Posts by alcyst

Ain't it just so true.Think it often happens that the small US manufacturer appoints a distributor in each territory, & because each territory is a country the sales won't be huge and the € or £ profit per unit needs to be big enough to make a difference. For me it really hurts when a manufacturer sells direct in the US Canada & then appoints distributors elsewhere. Res
Which player for iPad? I've been trying the Onkyo HD Player & Ampliflac in the past few days & I havn't fallen in live with either. There are others I havn't tried. The issues with the 2 relate to ease of use rather than anything to do with sound quality. These could be down to user error, or just failing to RTFM. But then I read my email on a tablet rather than my Ubuntu laptop. The headings include; - ease of importing; Ampliflac's 2 stage process is more fiddly than...
Nope, mine struggles on anything from about 76k up, and refuses on 176k & 192k. I have the current firmware, maybe they are different hardware versions.
Don't know if it is the same issue (I'm not familiar with the technical terms), my AK100 outputs 96k files (AIFF & FLAC) in garbled form, and produces nothing with higher res FLAC files. Pity, it doesn't have a problem with 2x 64Gb SD cards.
Update: got around to trying different combinations of files and devices. I tried files on the AK100 & an iPad (using Ampliflac & a Lightning-USB connector). The Hugo shows the 192k & 176k files and the sound is good using the iPad-Ampliflac, the AK100 was fine on 44kHz & below, struggles on 96k files, and seems to output nothing on 192k files. I tried 32Gb & 64Gb cards, no difference.
Update: got around to trying different combinations of files and devices. I tried files on the AK100 & an iPad (using Ampliflac & a Lightning-USB connector). The DAC shows the 192k & 176k files and the sound is good using the iPad-Ampliflac, the AK100 was fine on 44kHz & below, struggles on 96k files, and seems to output nothing on 192k files. I tried 32Gb & 64Gb cards, no difference.
I'm posting this here, it may be an issue with the DAP, but I'll try everything. I've had my AK100 for a while, but only tried to play 24/176 & 24/192 tracks through the optical output into my Hugo today. And nothing. Lower rate files play fine through the optical-Hugo chain. Everything sounds fine through the headphone output so the AK100 is accessing & playing the files. Am I missing something basic?
I've had my AK100 for a while, but only tried to play 24/176 & 24/192 tracks through the optical output today. And nothing. Lower rate files play fine through the optical output. Everything sounds fine through the headphone output. Am I missing something basic?
I havn't tried it, anybody know would JRiver Media Centre - JRemote - ipad - Hugo allow high resolution playback?
I havn't tried it, anybody know would JRiver Media Centre - JRemote - ipad - DAC/amp allow high resolution playback?