Posts by moodyrn

Is this still the "Hifiman HE100 Planar Dynamic Flagship" thread. I can understand getting off topic a bit from time to time since these aren't even close to being released yet. But this is now ridiculous. This has somehow turned into the hd800 fanboy thread for some reason. Isn't there already numerous threads for that? I can understand making comparisons between the hd800 or any other flagship with the he1000. Infact that's very welcomed for me, but this has strayed far...
Up for sale is a complete stax setup consisting of a pair of lambda normal, srd-7sb, and 15ft extension cable. They all are in excelent condition. The headband strap is in excellent condition and is not knotted up and worn through like a lot of them you see. The ear pads don't have any cracks and are still soft. The srd-7 energizer is equally in excellent condition cosmetically. And most importantly, there is no channel imbalance in the earspeakers themselves. The price...
Well the point of the 1250 reference was, he didnt address the transistors at all when trying to track down the source of the hum. Transistors whether germanium or not do fail when it comes to gear this old. When it comes to germanium however, its always a given.
Many vintage amps/receivers have germanium transistors. Some have a few and others uses all germanium transistors(other than the power ones). It's absolutely critical to replace those....always. Germaniums are very unreliable, and very noisy. Those are always the first step for me. The shelf life on those isn't even as long as the shelf life of capacitors. Most repairs tend to be transistor related. But the  problem with some, is finding suitable replacements. That's why...
Those sound like some very interesting mods. I wish I lived in an area where I can enjoy it the way you guys do. Where I live have an area of about 1.3 million people, but there's just a couple of decent jazz stations. Not worth the effort for me, but I'm sure tempted. Some very good deals on tuners come up here often. There was a mr78 that lasted for nearly a year. The guy dropped the price down all the way to 450.00 before someone scooped it. The marantz 10b I bought was...
While I don't listen to FM much, I did score a marantz 10B for 1300.00 which was a really good price in comparison for how much they normally go for. I thought, if I didn't love it, I could easily get my money back. It was just an incredible sounding tuner, and I see why they are so popular. But that's still a lot of money for a tuner(to me at least). I did love it, but still only listened to it once or twice a week(and I kind of forced myself to listen to it that much)....
It's in excellent condition and comes with original box, manual and driver disc. Shipping is free in conUS and i will eat the paypal fees also. SOLD
Congrats that is a nice amp in both sound and looks, the 9800 is still on my short list.
Congrats on getting it mostly intact. From the pics it looks like a fairly easy fix. It is a really nice looking amp though.
That's a decent price. Given it's rarity, prices seem to be all over the place on the rare occasion one do come available. I've seem them go for as much as 1400 and as little as 600.00(very beat up for that price though). So if it's in good condition, that's not too bad. And yes, it should really be a great match for the hd650. I hope all goes well with the seller. I would like to own one again to test my skills at doing a restore since I've become halfway decent at it...