Posts by moodyrn

Exactly. We have to remember what this is. It's a battery powered mobile device that has desktop "like" power. It's a marvel at what it does given that it is a battery powered device. And like I've said before, it competes with some midfi desktop setups and besting a few of them too. That within itself is quiet amazing. But don't get carried away with expectations. At then end of the day it's still a portable/transportable unit where the battery have to power both a class...
What are you talking about. I was making the point of a dedicated desktop headphone amp vs a portable, battery powered "combo" unit at less than half the price. The hugo you mention is pretty much in the same category as the m8 being that it is intended mostly for mobile use. So that wasn't a good example to use.    And furthermore, the sennheiser amp and the m8 couldn't be more different. One is battery powered, so drive capability is already going to be limited vs...
Although not as hard to drive as something like an he6, they are still difficult to drive orthos. And you are comparing the hifi m8 to a 1500.00 full sized desktop amp and wonder why it can't keep up? Lol.
I'm using a a vintage fisher 500c(completely restored) 25wpc tube amp/receiver. And even though it's a modest rated 25wpc, I'm very careful with the volume knob(never go higher than 10-11:00 on volume knob). These only have around a 20 watt rating before they began to arc. The safe bet is to get them clamped if you are using more than a 20 watt amp. The esl 63 has claiming boards already built in. They too would have the same limitation without them. Most people recommend...
And their customer service is outstanding. Mine stopped working a while back. I contacted them via thie customer service chat line and two hours later I was emailed a tracking no. for a replacement. It arrived two days later.
Well, I'll also chime in with a one word adjective.....nice!!!
Haha, thanks. But in all honesty, there are quiet a few on this thread who knows a lot more than I do. I consider myself still a newbe compared to some here. That's one one the things I love most about this thread. Just so much knowledge. We might not have the superstars that Ak have, but I actually prefer it here. Ak is so massive, there are threads upon threads covering each brand. We all can discuss vintage gear in general, whether is a budget sx450 or something like a...
Thanks.
Nice! I've always loved the looks of sansui integrateds internals. They look more like modern high ends amps than vintage imo.
beautiful!!