or Connect

Posts by Copyright

Well you have to remember my last speakers are a very different animal.  These JBL you set the control knob on the back full volume and use volume in windows to control up and down.  If I unplug cables from speakers noise goes away.  Installing the ground loop isolator made a HUGE difference so worst case ill get the nicer Jensen to ensure no quality loss.  My headphones have ZERO noise .. not a single hiss or anything.  This all started when I introduced these new...
 Cheap ground loop isolator removed most of the noise.. the loud noise I was getting in games is gone but I still have some light buzzing in the speaker that is furthest from the PC and the one with the longest cable run.  New cables will be in tomorrow so I can ditch these cheap radioshack adapters.  I will let ya know how it sounds as soon as the new cables are in and if I still need the ground loop isolator or not.  Thx again for all your help.. I will report back ASAP...
I had ordered the cables before I even had the speakers. I know the way it's hooked up now is probably the worst method available.  I am a big believer in cables after doing IASCA SQ comps for years I have learned a few things but mostly car audio.  I am going to try the new cables especially since they use an XLR to RCA method and no adapter in between.  I actually have a new power supply on the way as well for my PC but the one I have in my PC currently is a Seasonic...
 Thinking if cables don't work I may try this... http://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/ci-2rr/ Used one of these in the past to fix a ground loop in a car that was using the factory radio with an aftermarket DSP.  Worked very well.
 Great.. I will see if I can get rid of this noise first.. if not then this might be my solution.  I am really hoping I can get the sound card to work.
Would something like this work?  Use the balanced to my monitors and use the unbalanced to my sub?   http://emotiva.com/products/dacs/electronics/dacs/stealth-dc-1
 Looking for something a little more compact and desktop size friendly.  As far as a ground loop I'm not sure why these are having problems but I guess it's possible.  There isn't much to these adapters but Mogami cables come in tomorrow.  These are hte cables I will be trying... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LNN2GE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01
Well for some reason I am getting crazy noise with these new speakers.. it might be the way I wired them.. using 1/4" to RCA adapter then using RCA cables to sound card.  When I go into a game it's like its picking up noise from my video card.  I have some Mogami XLR to RCA cables (no little adapter) coming that cost about 100$ for the pair and I believe use a pro grade cable.  If this doesn't fix the noise I will need to look at other solutions.  My prevoius speakers did...
I didn't realize the ZXR was that good.  I will probably just stick with it!  Thx for the feedback!
Recently upgraded my old Klipsche speakers to a set of JBL LSR305 monitors and an Outlaw Audio M8 sub.  My headphones are Denon AHD2000 with a Zynzonix recable.  Right now everything is driven by my Creative ZXR but I am looking to step up to either a better sound card if htey make one or a DAC that can drive everything.  Most DAC's I have found with headphones amps don't seem to have any subwoofer output on them.  I guess my option would be to use balanced outputs to my...