Posts by HiGHFLYiN9

Jason, it's very thoughtful to share this tribulation with us. It's not easy by any means. When someone says something nasty about us (product manufacturers) on the internet, usually rooted in misconception, or in this case misnomer, it's tough not to "swallow the poison" and let it really ruin your outlook. Everything is magnified in our minds far beyond what the actual damage is, but if you believe strongly in your product, it's a very important part of your identity,...
Any leads touching the chassis? What's the purpose of the medical tape? 
I've purchased a few drivers from Beyer USA for repairs, the cost is closer to $80 if I recall correctly. I've even seen a driver that measured properly ~30ohms (for 32) but didn't function.   They're pretty easy to replace... just two or three joints (depending if it's the left or right driver). While you're in there you can replace with nicer wire if desired. Don't leave a hot iron on the driver solder tab for any extended period of time or you can burn our the...
Not often on HeadFi but hoping to keep in the loop
Awesome little unit, I really like the ability to change the way the signal is processed, gives you a few different sound signatures to choose from. I'd quite honestly keep this if I could use it more than once or twice a year. There might be ten hours on it at most. I'm including a short Monster USB cable, as well as the soft velour carrying pouch. Price includes shipping and PP in the CONUS
 Can you PM me regarding what's going on? That stinks :/ I'd look at Audiosector then. 
They can be reterminated to whatever you like ;) If you look up the Thunderpants, they sound very similar to those. 
Extremely precise CNC'd Kingwood wood cups, ZMF calfskin leather pads and pilot pad, Cardas internal wiring, removable Zynsonix Ballista balanced 4 pin XLR cable (can be converted to 1/4" if needed), compatible with Audeze headphones as well. Extremely nice sample of a modded T50RP. Sound quite similar to Thunderpants if you've heard them. Warm top end, extended bass. Very nice, enjoyable and fun listen.    See the build thread...
Beautiful Redwood Burl wood cups, actually I've never seen cups this incredible looking anywhere, and I've been to a lot of meets. Includes leather band at top (not in photo), Stax calfskin leather pads, Cardas internal wiring, long custom cable with Cardas internal wiring, Furutech 1/4", Viablue splitter. Extremely nice sample of a modded T50RP.   See the build thread here: http://www.diyaudioblog.com/2011/09/modifying-fostex-t50rp-headphones.html   Value: T50RP:...
This is the original Pangea AC-9 with the original high quality Japanese oxygen free copper. In great shape. Huge 7 gauge construction but flexible. I'm going to cover the shipping in CONUS, which will be expensive as this is so heavy, so no low-ballers. Thanks for looking.