Posts by jwbrent

Two more weeks and I get my DHC Molecule SE Synergy cable with a 2.5mm termination for my 240 ... can't wait! 
Well, I have about 150 hours on my replacement 240 and it's just now beginning to sound like it should. Still some grain in the mids, but that will go away in another 100 hours or so. I believe the 240 needs a minimum of 300 hours of burn-in for it to start sounding liquidy ... 400 even better.
I agree. The bass on the XCs do not have the depth or weight of other headphones I've owned ... most notably the D7000s. Some, though, would argue the D7000's bass was more euphonic that accurate and I would concur.   But the articulation of the mids and trebles is quite good. 
 happy to hear that! 
In my humble opinion, cables are nothing more than passive tone controls. Yes, better cables use better dielectric materials that result in greater low level detail retrieval, but since cables are reactive, how they sound on one system can be quite different on another with just a single component difference—not the tranducers.   I'm sorry to hear about the perceived change in your ESW-9s. Perhaps a 100 hours or so of burn-in may bring the overall sonic signature back...
 My belief about why the ESW-9s are not among the headphones that get a lot of posts these days is they simply are an old model (2007?) that was initially available only in Japan for about $550. Headphones are faddish, so a model that received a lot of attention is soon replaced by a newer model ... the exception being the top tiered headphones. Those who like AT Earsuit models lavish praise on the ESW-11LTD which can still be had for about $700. I think for $190 or...
 Thanks for your reply ... it looked familiar. I'm a big surrealist art fan.
 Hi Saraguie, I hope you had a good trip. I just noticed your post, so my apologies for seemingly stomping on it.  
 early adopters we are ... 
 Hi Vinnie, I recently read in The Absolute Sound or Stereophile that these apps are available for IOS devices as well as Android devices. If the DAC built into, let's say, an iPhone only natively supports up to 24/48 (as I had previously read), I don't understand how software can handle sampling rates greater than 48 without downsampling. Perhaps the DACs in recent iterations of Apple devices actually have high rez DACs that haven't been fully employed ... I checked the...