Posts by jwbrent

I'll outbid Saraguie for those three 240s ... 
I love my ESW9 earpads. Besides being very comfortable, they are holding up great with all the sweaty hiking I do with them ... several hundreds of miles. If the budget allows, stick with the originals.
looks nice!
 When I received my replacement unit the fit and finish was actually better than my first unit, which, by the way, was from the first batch shipped to the US. My first unit had a wiggly volume knob almost as bad as the AK100 and the upper right corner casework didn't seem finished since there were deep striations in the angled cut. My replacement unit's knob is much tighter and the deep striations in the metalwork are gone. My power button does have a bit of wiggle, but...
my green case is definitely distressed and that's with little use. The soft leather used shows up impressions quite easily.
 My understanding from a reliable source is that some of the first batch of 240s had issues with the balanced output cutting out on one channel. I have an upgraded cable for my XCs from Double Helix and the 2.5mm TRRS connector works perfect. I was told his plugs are custom made and it certainly has the look and feel of a quality connector.

Same here. I began buying 24/96 files since at that time I had storage capacity issues with my Colorfly C4 Pro. Then I started reading about some of the 192 files on HDTracks not being true 192 files. Even though storage is no longer a problem, I still buy 24/96 files unless there is an absolute favorite available in 24/192. It really comes down to the mastering more so than the sampling rate, IMHO, at least with non-current titles. By the way, I went riding in Golden...
 You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there. Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
 You're right, fly, I should wear my Kask helmet, and I do when I go on long rides. But for shorter rides in the city, I love the feeling of the SF breeze blowing through my hair. We all are risk takers in some regard ...