Posts by blub

Thanks for the info!   I was also planning to use it mainly stationary at work, connected to my laptop, but sometimes also at home, with my Android-tablet. The main reason of my question, was some concern about the lifespan of the E18's battery if I would use it that often for long times with my laptop: my Dell laptop batteries seem to die quite quickly from being mostly used like that in a docking-station... I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens with the E18's...
Hi,Thanks for this info! This might seem like a stupid question, but, when using the E18 as a PC-DAC/AMP (USB-connection to a computer, giving audio- and power-input), after the battery is fully charged and the charger cuts off, will the E18 get its power directly from the pc (bypassing the battery), or still through the battery?(I suppose the former, as the latter would make the charger turn on and off repeatedly, but I just wanted to be sure.) Will it also work in the...
Hi!   I'm thinking of buying the X3, but I have a question I couldn't find the answer to in the forum.   Is it possible to use the X3 simultaneous (1) as a USB-DAC/AMP between laptop and headphones, (2) as a portable storage containing files to be played by the laptop (e.g. through Foobar) ànd (3) while charging (or not) the X3 from the laptop's USB-port?   Maybe this is a lot to ask for and maybe it needs some explanations...   For the moment, for portable...
PM sent
Hi!   If these are still for sale, you may always contact me: I'm interested!   greetings!   (PM sent)
Thanks a lot both!!!   I think I'll be heading for the W1 now: pricewise W1 and RE262 are the same here, still a little bit more expensive than se215 I read the W1 has a very good package of accessoires (tips, pouch...) and a better build quality than the RE262, which is important, I think, for a first IEM. (still W1 = se215 on this) if I read and interprete (subjectively) correctly, the clearer sound and better separation of the W1might be more...
Thanks a lot for this Westone 1-review!!! it's one of the 3 IEM's I am hesitating between for my first IEM purchase and definitely the most difficult to find reviews for.   I saw in your profile that you also have the RE262, making you one of the very few to have direct/personal experience with the 3 IEM's I'm struggling between. Could I ask you're advice for my first IEM-purchase??   I've narrowed my search for my first IEM's to the following 3...
thanks ljokerl for the very straight and clear advice!!   Isolation is not my n°1consideration, but as I will use them (almost) only on public transport, it is an important factor I should balance out with comfort (I'm not used to IEM's...), SQ and build quality (as it is for travelling:light-weight & compact, taking it everywhere).   I was wondering, as I often read about the 'Shure olive'-tips to be the most comfortable with good isolation, also on other...
wow!, that was some reading! (and I still haven't (and probably couldn't ever) read everything in this immense thread  ) Thanks for the huge amount of info!   Reading through this review-list (and some others), I've narrowed my search for my first IEM's to the following 3 models: Shure se215 Westone 1 HifiMan RE262   ... as you might suspect, I'm looking for IEM's within the price-range of $/€  85-150, with some preference for good isolation and...
Hi!,   I'm looking for a closed headphone with good sound isolation, for use on trains etc. I've read quite some reviews here, but it remains hard to understand some of the phrasing used to describe the sound experience.  (As comparison references, I 'only' own Sony MDR-7506 -for at home-, Yuin G2 -for at work or on the move-, Sennheiser MX880 -for on the move-, which I all like, despite their different strentghs and weknesses. I had the Yuin OK3, but they broke...