Posts by tke398

I just received the Musical Fidelity X-can V8 a week ago and its still burning in. So far it seems to be an excellent match with the D7000's. It took some getting used to since the bass initially seemed like there was less of it, in comparison to the LD MKIII. But you soon realize that it's midbass is tighter and low bass goes deeper about another octave. Less boom, more texture and definition in the bass. You can find the X-can for around $500 so it's well within your...
Quote: Originally Posted by counterpoint And yah I know "nightmare" is not the right title. You can always edit the title of this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by iancraig10 I was wondering if constantly turning on and off will shorten the tube life as well. I did that to a Little Dot and it didn't last long. I listened as they warmed up over a peiod of 4 hours. Cold, the tubes seemed to give a fattish bass compared to what I was used to and then after about an hour, the sound thinned out. I actually prefer the sound of a cold Little Dot MKIII versus a warmed up one. I never...
Quote: Originally Posted by alex98uk You are unbelievably impatient, the seller is doing all he can in his power to help. It's left his hands to the shipper, there isn't much more he can do. x2 I just sold a turntable to a buyer in Utah. I sent it from NJ via UPS Ground 11 days ago and it is 'Out for delivery' today. I could have walked it to his doorstep quicker, but so far he hasn't discredited me on a public forum yet (well, not that I know...
Quote: Originally Posted by lescanard The M8161s are a particular favorite of mine with the Grados. I agree with the Mullard M8161's being a great choice for this amp. I also use the amp with my Denon D7000 which is another low impedence amp and it sounds really good together. If you can tolerate the sound of the Grado 325i's, the amp won't have a problem driving them
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradofan2 I've tried both - still have the WA6 SE Maxed. I prefer the WA6 SE overall. It's much better with Senns. But... with Denons and low impedance phones the XCAN v8 is superb. If those are to be your primary phones - I'd likely go with the XCAN v8... especially for the value. Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I needed. I just went ahead and purchased the X-can v8 for $375 used. I figured the Woo...
I wouldn't have the need for the built-in DAC either. I tried listening to my ibasso for about two weeks and enjoyed the deeper, firmer bass, but once I reconnected the MKIII, I realized how much it was lacking in terms of soundstage. I'm hoping the X-can still has that tube magic with the driving bass. I also read about the deeper bass quality that the WA6SE has. I'm leaning towards the Woo amp, but I am able to get a used X-canv8 for about $1000 less than what the...
I am looking to upgrade my Little Dot MKIII amp with something that may be able to drive my Denon D7000s a little better. I realize these two amps are in different price classes, but I've read some glowing reviews on both and would like to stick with tubes. Price is not a hurdle, but I don't want to spend money just for the sake of spending. Has anyone been able to compare these two amps? Are they even comparable or in different leagues? If I were to buy the WA6SE, I'd get...
Congrats! Same here, my Grado's have been collecting dust for 5 months.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich Those are bass sounds. Yes, the D2000 does go much lower with authority than the Grados or even the HD600. There can be entire low bass lines going on that you will hear with the D2000 that will be missed with the Grados. But there is more to detail than just low bass. Detail in midrage and treble is also important and there the Grados will shine. And the bass in the D2000 isn't exactly a detailed bass. It...