Posts by tke398

Quote: Originally Posted by Necrolic Keep in mind that you are comparing the recabled headphones to the sound you remember from at least a month ago on the stock cable. The improvement you hear could VERY easily be placebo effect and new toy syndrome. Especially considering many people consider the D7000 stock cable to be comparable to if not better than many of the top of the line cable companies out there. I was only without the headphones...
My third cable attempt, but first posting. Mogami 2534 GLS Audio locking RCAs Yellow Techflex Cardas solder I'm very surprised at the performance of the Mogami cable. Better bass presence than my Tara Labs RSC with a similiar tonal balance in the mids and highs. Cable building is pretty addictive, I'm making cables even though I don't have enough places to use them.
Quote: Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot Mullard M8161's are probably going to be your best bet. Agreed. I find them to be the warmest when compared to the GE stock tubes and the Russian 6ZH1P-EV.
I can easily recommend the Musical Fidelity X-can V8 and even the $200 Little Dot MKIII sounds great with them.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up having fellow Head-Fi'er momomo6789 recable them with Jena for the + and ALO Silver for the -. I am so glad I did not simply replace them with the stock cable. I would say there is about a 10-15% improvement to the sound which is more than I expected. He does excellent work and great prices. I would suggest giving him a try if you need a recable. He even sent the original stock cord which I may make into a noose to keep the...
David recabled a pair of Denon D7000s for me with Jena and ALO silver cabling. He has an amazingly fast turnaround time. He had them for less than 24 hours before he sent me a pic of the completed work and shipping notice. They came out great and sound phenomenal. Excellent work!
Quote: Originally Posted by decur i have the headroom cardas fat pipe on my denon d7000 and love the sound! fat pipe sounds sweet and natural on my rig Can you describe the before and after differences? What can I expect?
Quote: Originally Posted by mrarroyo tke398 you may want to find out if there is a fellow Head Fier close to you (post an ad) w/ a MarkL modded D7000. Then you can find out if his mods improve on what you already like or not. Personally I am sold on the MarkL mods and I have had them done on both a D2000 and D5000 and in both cases they sounded better to me. BTW, I was able to compare a modded to an un-modded version of both cans to make the above...
Quote: Originally Posted by padam The recable is a pretty straightforward job so if I were you I wouldn't waste too much money on it, the rest of the system is usually plays a much bigger role in how the system sounds. Maybe you could try Mogami or I am sure there are other cheap options as well. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/den...photos-382965/ You might even able to just shorten the stock D7000 cable and attach it again. I am toying...
My cat ate through my D7000 cable coming out of the left ear and now I need to get them repaired. Rather than splicing the cable back myself, I figured I'd do it right and either get them replaced with the stock cable or something else. If I send them back to Denon, it will be $55 just for an estimate. I'm guessing they are probably going to over charge me for parts and labor, but I honestly don't know. Headphone.com has a Cardas 'Fatpipe' recabling for $285 for 5 ft....