or Connect

Posts by mark2410

top of my head, no but there are many other things out there these days, frankly we have and an embarrassment of riches compared to a handfull of years ago.  you may be better asking o more generalised whats best fro me thread.  also a more general rewiring thread, i know there are / have been places that will recable things fory ou but i cant recall the names at present.
erm why? i can think of no reason why a reciever would be a the answer to you current situation, im confused, have i missed soemthing?
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review   Thanks to GearBest for the sample.   Brief:  Somic, the hedgehog.   Price £32 or US$44   Specifications:  Connectivity: Wired, Application: Computer, Mobile phone, Portable Media Player, Plug Type: 3.5mm, Cable Length (m): 3M, Frequency response: 15Hz-30KHz, Impedance: 54ohms, Sensitivity: 95 ± 3 dB   Accessories:  You get a replacement ear pad set, some pleather ones and velvety ones.  Also you get a screw on 6.25 to 3.5mm...
Somic v2 Headphone Review by mark2410   Thanks to GearBest for the sample.   TLDR? Try here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410#post_12605805       First Impressions:  Hmm, box looks it took a beating a little on the way over.  Oh inside its all good it seems but there is a ear pad container that seems to have been dislodged.  It also seems that said item has double sided sticky tape on it and it’s now glued itself to part of the...
a receiver, you mean as in an AV receiver???
hey like @Hammy says i think thas not the right thing.  but your right your mobo didnt have optical out, which is unusual.  anyway so i rummaged in the mind and recalled that firestone audio do what your after.  now im sure that there will be others that make similar and potentialy cheaper.  http://www.firestone-audio.eu/shop/products/usbtospdifconverter/index.php however you could also just get a cheap internal sound card which would give you an optical out like...
hmmm looks at waist.   no comment.
no i didnt, i mean you can see so in pics but their being wooden i guess it just never struck me as a particularly pertinent issue as its isnt really cosmetically noticeable and while im sure their being wood contributes to their sound i do not consider one material to be superior to any other, they do different things for sure but being wood neither implies greatness no would being plastic preclude it. now as to the, while i havent got my hands on a 350 (though im hoping...
Hisoundaudio HSA-HS200 Pro Quick Review by mark2410   Thanks to Hisoundaudio for the sample   Brief:  Hisoundaudio go 80’s retro!!!   Price:  Circa US$120 or about £83   Specifications:  Type: Dynamic, open, Driver Size: 40mm, Impedance: 36 Ohms, Sensitivity: 116db, Max SPL: 125db, Frequency Response: 20 – 20khz, Earphone Jack: 3.5mm straight, Cable Length: 120cm.   Accessories:  Spare set of foam pads and a little Velcro cable wrap tidy thing.   Isolation: ...
Hisoundaudio HSA-HS200 Pro Review by mark2410   Thanks to Hisoundaudio for the sample   TLDR? Try here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809117/hisoundaudio-hsa-h200-pro-review-by-mark2410#post_12600942       First Impressions:  Quite a nice looking box, Hisoundaudio are certainly coming along in that regard.  Ahh got the thing open and I’m instantly transported back to the 80’s.  These are genuine, old fashioned on ear, earphones.  You know, the thin metal band over the...