Posts by mark2410

its still a great wee headphone isnt it
was doing these little musical suggestion things elsewhere and thought id stick them here too.  would be interested if peeps think this is a good idea or if not, ta.
Cyndi Lauper At Last   This album is a fairly notably departure from the musings of hers you are most likely to be familiar with.  The album is a compilation of songs that not unique to her.  Additionally the acoustic accompaniment to her is very much more “acoustic” as opposed to the variety of electronic add-ons we see.  This lets her vocals gain a pre-eminence they don’t usually occupy and I love that.  Now her voice is one to be loved by all, it’s dry and almost...
was doing these little musical suggestion things elsewhere and thought id stick them here too.  would be interested if peeps think this is a good idea or if not, ta.
Erasure Union Street   Erasure is a band that is getting as old as the hills. It has been around so long I’m sure everyone has at one point or another encountered them.  Typically their music is upbeat, bouncy synth pop.  Who doesn’t know of “A Little Respect” or “Love To Hate You,” is there anyone?  So they are known for little pop tracks that it might be fair to say, they are not thought of as acoustically serious musicians.  I get that, they do electronic crowd...
Brainwavz HM9 Quick Review   Thanks to mp4nation for the sample.   Brief:  Big squisy bassy fun time.   Price:  £85 or US$150   Specification:  Transducers/Drivers: Dynamic, 40mm, Rated Impedance: 40ohms Closed Dynamic, Sensitivity: 104dB at 1mW, Frequency range: 10Hz ~ 24KHz, Distortion: <= 0.3% @ 94dB, Channel balance: =< 2dB (at 1000Hz), Maximum input power: 1000mW, Cable length: Detachable 1.3 meters (2 pairs) & 3 meters, 1 year warranty   Accessories:  1 x...
Brainwavz HM9 Review   Thanks to mp4nation for the sample.       First Impressions:  Ooooh the case thing looks like a giant fabric easter egg.  A little odd perhaps but fair enough.  Inside the egg then we have the headphones and a nettle red pouch that velcro’s itself to the inside of the egg, you know for cables and things.  Just how clever is that, Velcro so you can stuff the headphones in and then still the pouch wherever fits.  I like.  The headphones...
oooooooh, be interesting to see what Sony does here.
just was thinking, my musical collection tends towards a disproportionately non UK origin.  certainly the UK's contribution to popular music is huge yet it seems to largely pass me by.  it could be simply that most of music discovery is via online and so influenced that way but...... one might expect that a fair share of UK based stuff might show but its doesnt really seem to.   so what do people think.  are we surreptitiously biased against our typical social normative...
hmm seems odd to compare two at diff prices.  well the 900 is a bit partyish, the 200 is vastly more revealing and vastly more excitable.  in pretty much every the 200 is just better. cost wise the 1000 is more comparable and again the 200 is way more revealing and excitable.  arguably its much "better" too but with my treble sensitive ears i think the thrill ride that is the 200 would be too much for it ever to be my only IEM, the 1000 i could much more comfortably live...