Posts by mark2410

hello chaps, just posted my review of the RS185, figure its possibly of interest to those perusing here.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/764148/sennheiser-rs185-review-by-mark2410
nope not heard the b&w. also its not so much that your description was inappropriate, its more that it was coming form a very "consumer" perspective.  by that i mean that consumer focused stuff tends be hugely bass heavy and lack clarity.  so to you more used to non audio peeps stuff the 215 as a pretty reasonably quality product to you sounds very clear compared to what you have heard.  if you compare it to things like the 750 then the 215 is a very warm, rich, bassy...
hey, well i think you have a problem first off. "While I did enjoy the clarity and clean sound from SE215s I always thought they were lacking the dynamic low end punch...low on bass."  the 215s arent particularly clear, and if you find them lacking in bass then you are after a bit of a bass monster.  the two that spring to mind are the Wooduo2 and the RHA T10.  the Wooduo are way cheaper but the T10 are literally built like tanks.  given you seem quite highly keen on...
well......... i dont know.  at present mine it written, but bob wasnt hoping i felt them as bassy as i did so being quite the perfectionist he wanted to have another thinky and to get feedback from brooko too before he makes the final final decisions. if you are super eager to have a perusal though ill fire bob an email and see if he would mind if i pm'd or emailed you my thoughts.  given they are non finalised he might not want it out, and you would have to keep in mind...
hmm well i being rather nearer bob, so post gets to me rather faster, im pretty pleased with the new filter for the Techne's.  its comparatively much more bassy that the Hyperion's as its default tuning so you can then push its sound signature about with the filters.  so, the trebbly one, the V shaped one and the bassy one.  i like the new bassy one, though i totally confess its too bassy for me, but i think it'll be a real crowd pleaser.  plus if you dont want gobs of...
yeah, they are so far one of my favs of the year.  with the black filters on its pretty much exactly the sort of sound i like best too.
update:  well it seems i may now be getting a play with a pair on Over-Ear Momentums, so woo hoo for that and naturally taht means give me a little while and a review of them shall be forthcoming.  though i can say given as i said the signature similarities between the In and On and how much i liked them both, i suspect i'll like the Over's too.
in a word, no. i did see an Over-Ear the other week going cheap but wallet kinda threw a hissy fit at me and said no.   so nope ive not heard the over but id be willing to bet its got the same flavour as the on and in ears have had.  ill fire senn an email and see if theyd like to send me one but i think my chances are pretty slim.