Posts by mark2410

happy to assist
 yeah i get that lots of thu things that are broken are not directly the distro fault, but it doesnt matter.  just like it didnt matter than a year into vista it ran great, no one wanted to touch it.  it didnt matter that in wasnt microsofts fault. this is the linux promblem.  devs sit and go not my problem, why should i fix it, or worse, go oh you just fire up terminal and xyz.  just look at what happened back with netbooks.  came with linux people hated it, they all...
so your argument then is linux works, but only if you buy certain things? if you had to buy specific hardware to make things work then clearly too much is broken for it to ever become mainstream.  also its not like i hate linux, im just perpetually amazed that distro devs seem far mroe preoccupied on haivning petty little fights than making things consistently work.  then they bemoan that no one uses linux!
whats broken, like i said 95% of its all fine. the trouble is when your network card isnt, oh especially wifi, if something doesnt work out of the box there is never a nice easy way to fix it.  by easy i mean could my parents do it.  they can download and install a driver in windows fine.  you know what, users dont care if its not the distros fault.  no one cared than when vista launched the drivers for stuff, especially printers, were total crap.  all they know is, xp...
no it really is not. i will grant you that maybe 95% of some disros are but then there is always some random thing which is broken (see citrix) or my ever fave from the other day, nvidia onboard gpu.  it was recognised and the live disc just software rendered which worked.  installed, then it decieded it would use the opensource nvidia drivers.  they, id say work like crap but that  might imply they work.  so i had to log in, in terminal and manually force it it to...
given how good the 750 was it will surely be an interesting IEM and if the build quality is the same and it does in pics, it ought to be a hell of an appealing product.   hopefully should be getting one in for review, fingers crossed.
well no.  the problem is the ctrix receiver fer linux is terrible but i dare you google setting the 64bit client up.  if you have to open terminal to edit files then its just a fail right there.   then there is the real linuk problem.  all the devs are 5 year olds who love nothing more than throwing all their toys out of the pram.  things fork and fork and fork so there is no common platform to work with.   then you get all this bull with gui people throwing fits.  yes...
    not particularly surprised.  i mean parts of the US heavily funded the IRA for years largely because they were "irish" so i wouldnt expect there to be much will to express anything anti "scottish" actually i really never understand the amirican thing about being an xyz american.  no, you born somewhere and lived your whole life in america then your just american, not irish or italian or whatever.    well the last couple weeks ive been aiding in a moveing a small biz...
honestly the problem is the "Yes" people are just lurching towards becoming brownshirts.   so far, the snp have abolished and merged the whole of scotalnd into one police authority.  they have shut down half the countrys courts and a great many police stations.  then they abolished the need for corroborative evidence requirements.  the lastest one is they have now armed police out policing Inverness of all places, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the whole UK. ...
well they are both of a sufficiently good audio quality that sound signature preferences is more important, i feel, than one being "better" than another.  the 750 easily has a more general consumer pleasing sound than the 400 does. totally agree about the build though.  the two just are on completely different planets.