Posts by Randolph Duke

The D7000 are "on the ear" right? I prefer around the ear. My question- are they tight? And how heavy? I had a pair of HD600's which were light with nice soft pads. But I found the HD600 to be too bright and clean for my taste. I prefer the Ultrasone sound but, The ED9's are tight, heavy and the leather pads are not that soft- after an hour- my head hurts.
where do you guys find the flat rubber bands that hold amp and ipod together? Also what is the difference between an elite silver 22g cryo LOD and a Elite Silver 22g cyro Vampire LOD....(besides $30 extra for the "vampire".)
I'm considering a re-cable on my ED9's. It's not cheap and while I got a good deal- the ED9's were not cheap so, A few concerns: The ED9's already sound great- (but of course I want them to sound as good as they can)- how much of difference can I expect? If the improvement is significant- why doesn't Ultrasone produce the ED9's with better cable? Anyone have any recable regrets? Does a re-cable void warranty with Ultrasone? thanks much
Bought the iphone thinking it would be best to have all my gadgets in one machine. Yet- there's still some things I miss from the classic ipod. The iphone is cool for talking and web stuff, but I don't it think it makes a great music player. How does the new ipod sound? battery life?
Quote: Originally Posted by Peter Pinna I have found B & H to be a highly reputable company with excellent service. I, for one, would not want to "cheat" them in this way. I believe a better option would be to either ask B & H if they would be willing to price match with Northern Sound and Lights or find out what is the return policy at Northern Sound and Lights. Perhaps they have a return policy similar to that of B & H. I didn't mean to...
The 2200 sound great. But if you want to stick With closed back the hfi780 is the best choice IMO. Also, B&H has 30 day return policy. Just buy, try, return and then go online to northern sound for the best price.
Loud, crisp- very nice and much better than prev models
[QUOTE=hawat;5048161]I tend to prefer velour pads over leather so I find the hd 650 more comfortable than the e9. Some people also don't like the headband but I have no problem here. I agree- I also prefer the velour pads. Do any re-cable guys do re pads. Would love to get my ED9 with velour.
I have one of these on order from obadimports.com are they cool?
How would the Woo6 pair up with ED9's running through a zero DAC?