Posts by Randolph Duke

I guess that's my question: Is a LOD from the ipod really garbage out compared to a $200-$300 DAC?
I would be using with ED9's. I spent all my cash on the Headphones- so looking to save some on a DAC right now.
All my music is on HDD- but I would like to try a tube amp. Does it make any sense to ran an ipod into a Woo Amp? I found a LOD with RCA outs that I can use to patch in. or would I need a DAC?
M50
For $332- I wouldn't mind picking them up and giving them a try. But, Is ebay a safe place to get the 5000's? What I mean to say is- they are true Denon- they are not fakes?
Looking for a LOD. I found two at whiplash. One is a Silver LOD and the other is a "Vampire" silver. The Vamp is more $$- but I'm not sure why. Is it hype?
The D7000 are "on the ear" right? I prefer around the ear. My question- are they tight? And how heavy? I had a pair of HD600's which were light with nice soft pads. But I found the HD600 to be too bright and clean for my taste. I prefer the Ultrasone sound but, The ED9's are tight, heavy and the leather pads are not that soft- after an hour- my head hurts.
where do you guys find the flat rubber bands that hold amp and ipod together? Also what is the difference between an elite silver 22g cryo LOD and a Elite Silver 22g cyro Vampire LOD....(besides $30 extra for the "vampire".)
I'm considering a re-cable on my ED9's. It's not cheap and while I got a good deal- the ED9's were not cheap so, A few concerns: The ED9's already sound great- (but of course I want them to sound as good as they can)- how much of difference can I expect? If the improvement is significant- why doesn't Ultrasone produce the ED9's with better cable? Anyone have any recable regrets? Does a re-cable void warranty with Ultrasone? thanks much
Bought the iphone thinking it would be best to have all my gadgets in one machine. Yet- there's still some things I miss from the classic ipod. The iphone is cool for talking and web stuff, but I don't it think it makes a great music player. How does the new ipod sound? battery life?