Posts by Randolph Duke

I searched and just found out it means the sound will be lush and the tubes will get very, very hot. true? Anything else I need to know. I'm considering one of the Woo Amps and one is OTL and the other is not.
3G does not eliminate the buzz, but it does buzz less than my 1st gen iphone.
Anyone ever try Bang and Olufsen?
I picked up a Predator to use at my work station. (There's no room for a full size amp) I was skeptical at first. My ED9's sounded great straight out of my Macbook, but the amp really does open it up and tame it down. As some have said- the portable amp does not add much, but it's enough to notice and I prefer to listen with the amp.
I guess that's my question: Is a LOD from the ipod really garbage out compared to a $200-$300 DAC?
I would be using with ED9's. I spent all my cash on the Headphones- so looking to save some on a DAC right now.
All my music is on HDD- but I would like to try a tube amp. Does it make any sense to ran an ipod into a Woo Amp? I found a LOD with RCA outs that I can use to patch in. or would I need a DAC?
M50
For $332- I wouldn't mind picking them up and giving them a try. But, Is ebay a safe place to get the 5000's? What I mean to say is- they are true Denon- they are not fakes?
Looking for a LOD. I found two at whiplash. One is a Silver LOD and the other is a "Vampire" silver. The Vamp is more $$- but I'm not sure why. Is it hype?