Posts by Randolph Duke

ED9's: I just noticed the Stitching on the left ear pad is uneven. The right side is uniform all around. The pads fit on the ears fine- this is a cosmetic issue. Just curious if others found this slight flaw in their pair.
still available
That's odd about ruthenium. Ultrasone claims they have the safest headphones. Perhaps there is a way to treat it to make it safe?
IMO- I would describe the ultrasone as a open sound- not surround. You might want to try the pioneer wireless system. The headphones are a bit bulky but they are very comfortable. The sound is amazing. It sounds so live- I sometimes have to take them off to double check that the speakers are not blasting.
To repeat what Gradofan said. I have used both and to me they sound very similar. The HD650 had a tad more more bass. The HD600 seemed to clamp less- but perhaps they were just worn in better. I prefer ED9's over both.
Thanks much
I have a MINT pair of HFI 2200. Maybe 10 hours of use. Sound is great- but I bought the ED9's and want to re-coop some funds. $125
I currently have my ED9's running through a RS Predator. I use this with my macbook and it sounds pretty good. But I read that desktop amps will sound better. I searched amps for ED9's and most suggestions were well over $1,000. I can't spend that much. I thought about the Woo6- but read that ED9's are better with SS amps. Is there a decent desktop that beats the sound I'm getting from the Predator and is priced about $5-600?
I have ED9's. But would like to try something I could wear all day with comfort. The D5000 looks like it could fit the bill. Coming from ED9 what should I expect going to D5000? I know the D5000 might have more bass- what about soundstage and detail?
Is the updated 900 driver considered superior to the the ED9 driver?