Posts by Randolph Duke

Mint. Includes case and cable. $300 plus $15 shipping. Bokertonepictures@yahoo.com
I have an old Pioneer wireless headphone amp running off my Rotel. It's a wireless system- but the included pioneer headphones are a big large and the signal cuts out too often.   It has a 1/4 output for a second set of wired headphones. I have been plugging in my Ultrasone pro 900's and they sound good- but they are closed. I really think I would prefer an open headphone for my movie watching.   How would the beyer DT-990's compare sound wise?   Would...
I have Ultrasone pro900 for music. Looking for a good headphone to use with home theater movie viewing. I tried the 900's and they sound nice, but I think I want an open back for this. I'm considering the Ultrasone Hfi 2400's or Sennheisers HD 598. Also consider the wireless Pioneer's. Any thoughts? Thanks
I have a pair of Ultrasone pro900 for home use. I would like to get a headphone for travel. I have used the pro900 for travel in the past and they are a tad too big and heavy.     I would like to stick with Ultrasone. I am curious if the HFI 780, 680, or 580's would provide a more lightweight, smaller solution.   Thanks  
Anyone using this for blu ray viewing? My Pioneer wireless system is old and the headphones are HUGE. I am looking for something that will work with my Ultrasones. No games- only movies
Agree- In the condo i need to use headphones most of the time- but I do not think Open back headphones will be bleed through the walls the way the B&W's do.   I do agree the Ultrasone pro 900 do sound very, good. But while the pro900 soundstage works excellent for music- I feel it's a bit too closed for movies.   I miss the openness I was getting from the old Pioneer's. It really felt like I was sitting in an open theater. (I'm surprised no one has...
Yeah- that's what I thought. Thanks.   No- I do not care about games- I have a 50inch Plasma with a Blu ray player. I have a excellent Rotel + B&W set up-   but I live in a condo and can not crank it up late at night.   So my main concern is getting the best movie listening experience through a set of headphones.   Would the AD700 be a good choice for movies as well?
For the past 5 years I have been using bulky Pioneer wireless surround headphones. (The older D-2000 system- no longer sold) They are a bit heavy- but the sound is incredible. Last night they stopped working. I changed the battery, etc- but nothing helped. They're dead.   The Pioneer transmitter has a headphone out, so I plugged in my Ultrasone pro900's. The 900's sounded pretty good, but they are closed backed and I'm not sure i was getting the same open...
Still available.  
Are the pro 900's good for rock and jazz- or would the 680's be better choice?