Posts by Randolph Duke

I have the P7. I also have a pair of floor standing B&W's and love them. So they have my respect. The look and build is top notch. Classy. They are the type of headphone i imagine my dad would have owned in the 70's....until the other day he told me he bought the B&O H6. ok. The H6 doesn't have the immediate punch of the P7- but the sound is clean and tight. I find i have to turn up the volume a bit on the H6 vs the P7. (This could be due to the P7's driver?) overall...
Can anyone recommend a replacement ear pad that will fit the ultrasone pro 550? I tried the Beyer 770 pads. The pads are perfect but they are too big for the cups.
I loved these at first, but after awhile I found them a tad too bright. For me- The sound quality was too crystal clear. I realized i prefer a more slightly veiled sig. But impressive none the less.
I would think this would completely ruin the material. They held up you say?
Are there any decent stock Pads softer than the velours included that will fit the HE400's? Similar to the Beyers. Not interested in DYI solution. I just want to buy a pair off the shelf if I can. Thanks
? No burn in effect? I'm sure I read somewhere that these take about 100 hours to settle in. You're claiming Headphone burn in time is BS?
Which way do the 400's lean after burn in? Do they mellow or become more aggressive?
Sorry- I meant the power cord to the Magni.But my question- more specifically- is how do you power down the Modi so the light goes off?
Just received Magni/Modi combo. Will I sacrifice any quality by not using the Modi power supply? (The light is super bright and it stays on if I use the wall plug.)