Posts by Randolph Duke

Not sure that would help.In fact- I had to reluctantly go back to the 180's due to the clamping.The clamping on the RS185 was so tight. I tried to get use it, but they gave me a headache if I wore them longer than an hour.And last week I actually had a small blister under my ear- where the pads clamp to the skin. Not cool. The 180's do not sound as crisp and full- but they come close. The pads are softer and the clamping is just right. They are much more comfortable over...
I have the RS185- picked them up last month. They replaced my wireless 180's. They do sound better. Bigger, Richer, etc.   My only issue is in regards to movie viewing. Sennheiser claims these phones can deliver an uncompressed signal...but when I tried to send it  Dolby True HD or DTS HD- I heard silence. You can not bitstream these tracks to the RS185. You have to send it PCM. Which I feel is kind of a rip. Sending uncompressed was kind of a big selling point...
 Sound is deep and rich.The RS175 has a Bass boost and it's really strong.I demoed it with The Avengers. During the big Hulk scene bass was like a kick in the head.(Actually,IMO-  bass is fine without it. I'd say it's good and neutral. But the boost is there if you want it and it makes for some real fun during the action films.) I ultimately went with the RS185's because it suits my universal needs at the moment.(I also use them for Music. I like the analog input and open...
Have you tried the new Sennheiser RS175(closed)  and or the RS185 (open) ?   They really are quite something. No hiss. Excellent sound for a wireless- great range with no drop out- and very comfortable.   My only complaint- They do not decode Dolby Digital or DTS. You have to feed them PCM.  The RS185's also have an analog RCA input which work great for sending it a 2 channel signal (Vinyl)   Anyone else try these?
The dye is a cancer causing agent that has been banned from use on products that come in contact with the skin. google it.
Maybe if more owners contact them- they will become aware and do something about it....?Give their support a call or online chat and let them know what we know. I wonder what type of dye is used on my B&W P7's...?   and my Sennheiser wireless 180's...?Maybe not knowing is better.
yeah- it's a shame. I demoed the RS220. Outstanding sound for a wireless system- but would drop the signal- only for the briefest half a second- but way too often. I tried to deal with it- but returned them. I'm not sure many dealers even carry them anymore.   I tried the RS185 last week. It's very good. No signal drop out. Sound quality is tad below RS220- but I only tested the RCA input- optical might be better.   I am really considering keep them. Surprised...
Phillips is not going to replace the pads. I contacted them (through their website- support) They basically informed me- as far as they are concerned- this is not an issue they are aware of and there is no replacement program in place nor in the works. Yeah they sound great for the $$$ but I'm selling mine. This gives me an excuse to upgrade the new Audeze EL8
Well this is a bummer. I have had the X2's for about 3-4 months. I have not had any "leak" issues. But I do not really care to wait until they do. Some posts here seem to claim Phillips has corrected this issue? Are they offering exchange? I would exchange with Phillips (if they're even offering)....or go HM5. HM5 are toxic free I assume?
Just picked up a pair of X2's. I agree completely with the OP. The build quality outstanding. These phones are bullet proof.   They will be replacing my B&O's H6.   The Fidelio's are real full (great soundstage) more kick in the bass. The H6 is a great neutral headphone - but after a year- I'm bored with the thins.   The Fidelio sounds best at higher volume.   Use an Amp and turn them UP.....you'll have a hard time turning them down.