Posts by refault

I've just had to send back my IE800 recently as well, due to the right driver dying. I also had issues with stiffness of the left earpiece cable, but didn't want to wait for the RMA/repair shipment just to fix a stiff cable. However, after the right driver stopped working, I pretty much had to send it back to Sennheiser. I shipped back my IE800s last week Monday, and they contacted me today to double-check my purchase invoice. So, they're still being processed at the...
How does the SR-71B pair with the K3003i?   I've been looking for a slightly smaller amp to pair with my RWAK120-B that has a balanced Kobiconn line-in, and the RSA SR-71B seems to fit seemingly well with the RWAK120-B form factor judging from the pictures I've seen posted of them stacked together.   Any thoughts on how the pairing of the K3003i w/ the SR-71B might compare to the Rx-Mk3-B+ and AlgoRhythm Duet amps? Thanks.
The K3003/K3003i is a nice compliment IEM to the IE800. While the IE800 sounds more organic with a full, lush sound that doesn't lack in any aspect from the lows to the highs, the K3003/K3003i has very crystal-clear/detailed mids and highs (i.e., slightly bright) with probably the largest soundstage in any IEM I've ever listened to (similar to the IE80 soundstage, but with tons more detail, depth, and clarity/nuance), although the K3003's lows might be slightly...
The free-market vs. state-economy (or command-economy), lol.Oh well, what can you expect from those that embrace the free-market except the desire to make money/earn profits and planned obsolescence, lol. I'm still hoping AK will release a new firmware for the AK120, maybe addressing the USB DAC issues people have been having, along with the minor odd bugs that occur here and there randomly (e.g. sd cards not showing up on boot, needing restart; tracks dont playback in...
I believe the K3003 sounds better than the IE800, although the K3003 can be a bit too harsh sounding/bright at times, along with the bass dynamic driver sometimes sounding audibly slow in decay compared to the mids/highs. The IE800 can sound more warm and "organic" in that regard (vs. the K3003i), but the K3003i still has a more detailed and refined presentation overall. Still, with a very good DAC/amp setup, I think the IE800 can come close to the K3003i.
 What kind of interference do you suspect it to be? I have had cellular network interference with the Theorem 720 on my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S on AT&T (AT&T uses lower >1000mhz spectrum frequency, if I recall correctly), but once I switched over to T-Mobile on my iPhone 4S (1800-2000mhz frequency spectrum) I only rarely encounter RFI w/ the Theorem 720 now days.
Hello,   I currently have the Cypher Labs Duet amp and have been enjoying the sound overall, it's very detailed with a great mid-range, and doesn't hiss at all/has a perfectly black background with IEMs. Compared to the ALO Rx Mk3-B+ amp, the Duet sounds a lot cleaner, and in some cases more detailed with IEMs probably due to the blacker background.   Anyway, I just noticed on the specs for the ALO International+ amp that it seems to share similar characteristics with...
On the AK120, or on the Cypher Labs -dB? What I wish to do is connect USB to CLAS -dB, then use the digital (coaxial) output to connect to the optical digital input on the AK120. I thought the AK120 has an optical digital input? Isn't that what the secondary 3.5mm jack is for? Thanks.
Hello,   I recently acquired the RWAK120-B, and although I really enjoy its sound, unfortunately the USB DAC section doesn't seem to want to work with most of my laptops/computers. As I mostly use my CLAS -dB as a USB DAC, I noticed that it has a coaxial digital output, while the RWAK120-B has an optical digital input I believe. I was wondering what kind of cables I would need to be able to transfer over the digital USB signal from the CLAS -dB over to the RWAK120-B to...
I don't think the IE800s come in a shrink-wrapped box... there should be a few wafer-stickers holding the box closed, but I don't recall my box being shrink-wrapped at all.