Posts by refault

Is this the retina? Does it allow a sim card? Thanks.
Looking for an AKG K3003i adapter (pictured) that converts the K3003i's 4-pole mic/control-supported termination to 3-pole termination for use with non-Apple setups.   Please send me a PM with an offer if you have an extra adapter for the K3003i that you can let go of, thanks! :)
I think you'd be pretty pleased with the K3003i coming from the IE800, as I've done the same and find the impressive soundstage of the K3003i (compared to the IE800) and the less "dark" sound overall to be a nice contrast to the IE800. The mic does get irritating at times, I won't lie (mostly due to the way the mic/controls face when you turn the cable a certain way), but it doesn't really bother me enough to seek out a non-mic version of the K3003, so I'm pretty okay with...
Well not sure, but I'd be open to offers for the VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 too. The main reason I want to try out the V-Moda Vamp for the iPhone 4/4s is because my AD8066 VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 has a lot of issues with cellular network static/interference when using the dac/amp, but if certain VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0s don't exhibit this issue I'd be open to trying it out also I guess (as long as the offers are reasonable.)
Thanks for your response oriise. I'm glad to get some feedback on my impressions in-between the Rx MkIII B+ and the Duet so far, :). With regards to the hissing, I'd say the hiss on the Duet is practically non-existent with my sensitive/low-impedance IEMs (K3003i and IE800 both exhibit a fairly black background and quiet soundfloor with the Duet.) Of course the K3003is and IE800s exhibit hissing (or a slightly "raised" soundfloor/not as "black" background) with the Rx...
Looking for anyone who is willing to let go of their V-Moda VAMP for the iPhone 4/4S. Latest firmware for the VAMP 4.0 is preferred (or at least updated to be able to use it w/ iOS7 without problems.)   Please send me a PM with an offer, thanks!
Looking for anyone who is willing to let go of their V-Moda VAMP for the iPhone 4/4S. Latest firmware for the VAMP 4.0 is preferred (or at least updated to be able to use it w/ iOS7 without problems.)   Please send me a PM with an offer, thanks!
Regardless of the background hiss, so far I slightly prefer the Rx MkIII-B+ in terms of overall sound-quality than the Duet, especially (even) when using the AKG K3003is (~8ohm) or even the IE800 (~18ohm.)   The hiss on the K3003is is definitely quite noticeable on the Rx MkIII-B+, but it is hardly bothersome after getting used to the amp's overall sound-signature with TOTL low-impedance/high-sensitivity IEMs... IMO, the Rx MkIII-B+ tends to add a clearer and more...
Well I didn't get chosen but I wonder how this sounds (if at all) any different from the Astell & Kern version?   I've recommended the AK version of this player to some of my Korean friends actually, as an affordable priced "upgrade" portable-DAC/amp. Oh well, too bad I wasn't able to get a chance to take a listen to them, but I'd probably be quite underwhelmed compared to my main portable rig (Theorem 720 + iPhone 4s) anyway, :/.
Just picked up a used pair of the K3003is... serial no. in the 95xx or something I think (not sure since did not come with the original box, but instead going off of the number printed under the right-side earpiece housing, says "Made in Austria" on the mic/remote), and so far I've been quite surprised at how involved the sound of these IEMs can get, especially in regards to emotional "impact" and vocals presentation.   Although at first I found them kind of "sterile"...