Posts by taylor

I will put in a tentative "yes". (Thanks for the PM, have we met before? I was at a lot of the Philly/NYC/Maryland meets nearly a decade ago, haven't been active since then, but it'd be cool to check out all the new gear that's come out since then, and meet some cool people). I'll have to see what my business travel schedule looks like for then, but I'd probably be up to trek out there with some gear.   I'll be bringing my humble AKG K340 and my DAC/amp. Maybe Jahn's...
An update to my new rig, bought about 4 months ago:   Intel Core i5-2500K Gigabyte P67A-UD4 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Intel X-25M 120GB SSD Samsung MP4 320GB 7200RPM HDD Corsair AX850 PSU Fractal Design Define R3 case Coolermaster Hyper 212+   It's a nice rig. I love my Fractal case, it's really sleek. None of that gimmicky crap, it's just a plain black box, with lots of sound-deadening material and dust-filtered,...
Apologies if this has already been asked (long thread)   What's better to use on this, USB or SPDIF? I've been reading it up and most say it depends on the USB chip being used.   I have 4 interconenct options   1 - Use the USB in the maverick 2 - Use toslink out from my motherboard - VIA VT1708S 3 - Use toslink out from a dedicated soundcard - Chaintech AV-710 4 - Buy a new AM3 mobo or a new PCIe x1 soundcard with coax output   Which would be best?
Just upgraded about three weeks after this post.   Current rig: Phenom II X6 1050T Asus 785 MB MSI Radeon 5750 1GB 4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 700w OCZ PSU Thermaltake Element G case Lite-On DVD Burner 1TB Seagate 7200rpm SATA 1TB Samsung 7200rpm SATA   It's fast, but I am really kicking myself for not dropping a couple extra bucks and getting a Core i7-930. Supposed to be a much nicer CPU, especially for gaming.   If I could get my money back in full, I'd replace it with a...
Hmmm, I tried it again today and it worked fine. Unexpected, but I'm happy. Only time will tell if the problem occurs again.
Does anyone else have problems with their D1 when switching digital inputs?   It seems to take a considerable amount of time to switch. I have two PCs connected, one with USB and one with optical SPDIF. When I switch over to the optical one, it takes a minute or so for it to pick up the signal. When I switch back to USB, it plays everything at twice the normal speed, and makes the same noise that shuffling a deck of cards makes. Pulling out the USB cable and plugging...
On the subject of big screens and vintage equipment, my setup a few years ago. Had the monitor since '02, and the keyboard since '04.   I ended up getting a second identical CRT, and going to a double setup. It was a Compaq 22" with a Diamondtron flat screen that did 2048x1536. Got the pair for free from a friend of my dads who was in charge of cleaning out an abandoned office building back in like 2002 that had a couple of them. I had a nice 4096x1536 setup for...
Do you guys prefer vintage Model M keyswitches, or newer Cherry keyswitches?
How was that shot with about 4 minutes left in the game not a goal?   They showed the replay... they knocked it at the goalie, bounced off his knee-pads, recovered the rebound, and then hit the puck in. You can see the puck get inside of the net during the replay. You can't ever see the goalie with control of the puck, just see it bouncing around in front of the net then getting into the net within a couple of seconds. The announcers said that the whistle hadn't been...
I have a stainless steel Kenneth Cole Reaction watch. Certainly not as nice as some of the ones you guys have, but it has sentimental value to me.   It's "water resistant", although in practicer I have found that on very humid days there will be some condensation on the inside of the glass, which will dissipate over time.   How do you guys clean your stainless steel watches? Over the years, it has accumulated some grime in the area between the links, which I...