Posts by kloan

Do they really sound like the Atrio? I found the upper mids too forward in those (screeeeeeeeech).   Are the Yamahas the same?
For anyone that's a fan of downtempo, chilled, electronic music.... I HIGHLY recommend these guys. I recently stumbled upon them, and have been totally blown away.   The link below is for their complete discography for $10, where you can select 320kbps, Apple Lossless or FLAC (FLAC is missing ID3 tags, just a forewarning).   Anyway, hope this falls on a few appreciative ears.. I'd like to spread the word about these guys and help them get more...
Read carefully.. I said more ambient noise from the earpiece that's quieter, meaning one lets in more ambient noise than the other, which also happens to be the quieter side. I'm not talking about the seal from the tip either, I'm talking about the earpiece itself. If one is maybe vented more than the other, which would allow volume to escape, and which would explain why more ambient noise is let in by that side.   I've switched earpieces from ear to ear, so it's not just...
  Do you notice with the music off, that the side that's slightly quieter also lets in more ambient noise? I noticed that with mine tonight at the gym.     
Mids are a bit forward with some recordings.... will probably tame down a bit with some burn-in. But it seems to be related to bitrate. 320 and lossless sound much better than VBR.   Tried them with some foamies, but they muffled the sound a bit too much. Dunno which foams they were though... have to see if I can find my complys that will fit these.     Man... I just can't get over how good these sound for $7.11 earphones. It's ridiculous! Just shows you how...
Hey dsnuts, thank you!!   These sound GREAT, regardless of the price. I have listened to way too many dynamic IEMs that push upper mids and highs to the point of my ears begging for mercy. These seem to have a really, really nice balance of mids and treble, while the bass extends deep enough to enjoy. Definitely what I was looking for for the gym! And yeah, metal sounds great with these as well.   The only qualm I have is that the left ear is slightly louder than...
Looking for the TDK BA200
yeah
I guess...I've never experienced a drastic change from burn-in. Suppose there's a first time for everything...   These'll have to change a lot though for me to like them.
Nope, I'm sending these back. I find them fatiguing. Spikes in the upper mids and treble.   With my UM3X, I can sit and listen to music for hours... with these, I've had enough after 30 mins.