Posts by kloan

How do the 9396 sound? I'm looking to try another budget pair, but not sure what to get at this point.
Yeah, my mom has the Klipsch s4i, didn't like them one bit. Very bright and harsh sounding.. pretty crappy IMO.
Not a bad price actually. Unfortunately I'm flat broke right now, but when I get a bit of spending money, I think I'll give these a shot.
The Carbo Basso look very promising, however aren't they over $100?
Nuts. Wish I'd seen that.   Well, I might try the 3580 or 3590 then. These also seem to have a slight imbalance favoring the left earbud. :(
Thanks for the suggestion. I read the reviews and it seems like they might be a little bright for my taste.
I only got them because some people said they were the same. I wonder sometimes if the inline remote alters the sound.   But if the 3580 are bright sounding, no point ordering those to replace these. Kinda don't feel like trying, even though they're so cheap. Can't get into that whole thing again... really just want something that sounds like the EPH100... wishful thinking, lol
Grabbed a set of blue SHE3575 for $1.99 + shipping.   Out of the box, I can't say I'm a fan of this sound. They're rather 'blaring'. The upper mids are very forward, definitely a bright sounding 'phone.. and yet I didn't see anyone mention how bright these are.   Do these improve much with burn-in? What about different tips?
Been using them for a few weeks now... they don't seem to be doing it anymore.
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.   Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.   I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all...