Posts by kloan

Thank you for the feedback. If you happen to get the VSD1, please post your thoughts on them vs the Sonys.   I'm still searching for a set of the Sonys, as I really think I'll be happy with them.. so far, no luck finding them though.   Are the controls on the Sonys noticeably heavy, do they tend to tug on the earpieces when moving around?
Anyone know if foam tips would round out the treble a bit? I'm finding the upper range just a tad too bright.
My favorite IEMs to date have been the Westone UM3X and Yamaha EPH100.   I love bass, but prefer sub-bass over mid bass. I prefer neutral midrange, I find forward midrange to be 'blaring' and obnoxious, especially when I listen to metal in the gym. I prefer laid back highs. Anything that can be described as sparkly, crisp, etc, I'm sure I'll hate. Although I do appreciate clarity, good instrument separation, airiness, wide sound stage, etc.   I listen to a lot of...
Or is there a new version of these available that sound the same?
Does anyone know where I can still order these (for a decent price too)?
I've tried the 8320. Had a few pairs actually... kept getting imbalanced drivers. The sound was ok for some music, but wasn't versatile enough, and the fit was terrible no matter what tips I tried, I couldn't get a proper seal with them.
Thank you, appreciate it.
  How do the 9396 sound? I'm looking to try another budget pair, but not sure what to get at this point.
Yeah, my mom has the Klipsch s4i, didn't like them one bit. Very bright and harsh sounding.. pretty crappy IMO.
Not a bad price actually. Unfortunately I'm flat broke right now, but when I get a bit of spending money, I think I'll give these a shot.