Posts by kloan

I think I might like them... but I'd go for the limited edition ones for that extra bass and nice housing color.
 lol, been there, done that. That's why the right earpiece eventually sustained quite a bit of physical damage.. me banging the crap out of it trying to get the driver to start working again. Bottom line is either there's an inherent defect in the design, or a batch of defective units.
Thanks, but I'm an IEM kinda guy... only time I use over ear headphones is at home, while watching movies on my computer.
 So just WTF is with these and the right earpiece crapping out? Mine had the same thing happen. Honestly, I don't care that they have a lifetime warranty, I'll never buy them again, no matter how great I thought they sounded after proper burn-in. Not worth the hassle and aggravation. I would just like to find something that sounds as close to them as possible, but with much better build quality... and without having to spend $250 or more.
 Ah, sorry... misread his post. Do the Shures sound similar to the Yamahas? So many mixed reviews on them. Hard to know if I'd like them considering you mention the Klipsch X10, and I HATED those things.. my god, I hated them. Way too bright for my ears.
 Ok, but I didn't say SHH. I have the SHE3575 (has mic) and the SHE3590 (no mic). Anyway, these are ok(ish) for electronic music (and maybe hiphop? i dunno, don't listen to it), but they absolutely SUCK for any kind of rock or metal. They exaggerate snare drums and guitars to the point where my ears are begging me to take them out. Kinda disappointing because I like to listen to electronic AND metal while in the gym.. I get sick of just listening to electronic the whole...
So I mistakenly ordered the ones with an inline mic/control, thinking they'd be the same. Model SHE3575. Well, I wasn't all that impressed. A little bit sibilant and upper mids are too forward. Soundstage is also quite small, though sub bass extension was pretty nice.. overall though, not an enjoyable listening experience for me.   Since they were slightly out of balance, the left ear being a little louder, I contacted the seller for a replacement. I asked them to send...
They're the same price as the Yamahas. Nowhere near $40.
Thanks and good luck to you on your search as well. The Yamahas I found improved a lot from burn-in, though I know some people don't believe in it, I listened to them new out of the box, then left music playing for a few days before listening to them again, and the sound was much better after that.   The old version of the Sonys are available on eBay for $20, but I'm not sure if they'll work properly without an adapter? I don't really care about the controls, so if music...
Yeah, that's my problem with treble as well. I prefer smooth/laid back/warm/dark upper mids and highs... anything even remotely forward, I can't stand. Anything that can be described as "sparkly" or "crisp" means I'll hate it.   This is why I loved the sound of my Yamaha EPH100.. but I destroyed mine unfortunately trying to get the freakin driver to stop cutting out. I should have just left them alone and sent them in for warranty replacement... can't afford to replace...