Posts by tight_budget

Hi guys,   I live in a small apartment, and I need a solution to enable me to watch TV or movies at night with my wife without disturbing the sleeping children.   Should I just get a splitter that lets me plug in two ¼ in headphone jacks? Or is there a dedicated box I can buy with two headphone jacks, that I can connect to my receiver?   I’ve used splitters before with 3.5mm jacks and they were terrible, often losing sound on one side of the headphone or...
I'm currently using IEMs when I run, but the seal isn't great and I have to keep adjusting them to get decent bass. I'm thinking maybe over-ear headphones would be better? Any recommendations, with remote for apple devices? By the way, I'm using MEElectronic M6P currently.
I agree with you that the classic LOD connection works best. However, I currently use my ipod touch for a lot of stuff other than music. I don't own an iphone, and I use apps heavily on the touch. To downgrade to a classic just for music is going to be tough and carrying two devices around is not appealing. I'd rather live with an ungainly LOD/adapter connection than lose all my apps on a classic.   The reason I don't own an iphone is the same, I don't want to carry...
I just bought an LOD cable and an amp a month ago, so definitely not. My current ipod touch battery life isn't great, so I may get a classic instead just for music. 
Hi,   I'm looking for a set of headphones small enough to be put in a carrying case, but I won't be using them as portables. I want Open headphones to be used indoors, but I will need to carry them around in a bag.    I am sorely tempted to get the ESW9, but it is a closed headphone. I love the warm sound signature of the ESW9, an open version of that would be perfect. I've auditioned the Grado SR225i and find it very detailed, but too bright and fatiguing for my...
Hi all,   I'm looking for a set of headphones that I can fold up, put in a carrying case and bring with me on business trips. Supra-aurals and IEMs will not be as comfortable for extended listening sessions, so circumaural would be best. However I don't know any that can be stored easily in a suitcase or bag.    You guys are a lot more knowledgeable. Please help a newbie. thanks!
Hi all,   I own the A900x and the Senns. The A900x has clearer treble, but weaker bass than the HD600. It sounds quite lively on rock songs, but I miss the bass. Senns are notoriously laidback and I don't need to say too much about them.   How do these two phones compare with the Grado SR225i? I'm thinking of getting that for pop and rock songs.
What portable headphone would you recommend that has the opposite sound from the Senn HD600? A grado? I'm worried about the clamping force of the grados.
I generally prefer tube-like and laid back sounding phones, I have the HD600 and TDK BA200 IEMs which fit the bill. I'm also looking to buy a set of portable headphones which would be an upgrade over the TDKs. At first I was aiming for the AudioTechnica ESW9 which fits my preferences, but then again I'm wondering if I should get something that sounds completely different from what I already have.   Although I do listen to mostly jazz, classical, and easy listening...
Hi all,   I live in Singapore, and would like to buy a headphone from the US. Amazon doesn't ship to my country, so I'm looking for other retailers. So far I've looked at Beach Camera and Adorama. They ship, but shipping is almost $50 US.   Can you guys suggest others I can look at? Many thanks!