Posts by elwappo99

Ooops! Thanks for correcting me! When converted to PCM, is often found in the 24/88 or 24/176 format. 
 Well yes certainly true, it is my opinion. Many people here to do like them. Many people also like the D7100. I would also suggest the people that do not like them outnumber the ones that do.  Anyone know where these are for 150? DJDREEM where did you get yours? I think the DT770 would be a pretty fair match. I would say DT770 takes the cake on build quality, bass, and treble (D600 has a really rolled off and incoherent treble). D600 I think takes the cake on soundstage,...
 I think it's an okay price for them. They're fine for movies and gaming. Music isn't so great. Just don't have high expectations. 
 Did something happen with the "X" line? I had a pair of AD2000 and thought they were one of the best dynamic headphones I had ever heard!  I thought the AD900X (when I owned it) was far superior to the K550 in just about every way possible. 
  Referring back to my post on the previous page, the really big deal about getting files from a PS3 is that up until that point there was no way to get DSD files from a SACD. As of now, is still is the only way to retrieve DSD files from SACDs.  Either way, I don't think it's that big of a deal to have the actual DSD files. If I understand it correctly the X5 converts DSD to PCM internally, which only uses more CPU and wastes battery. What is really great about SACDs is...
  How are you getting the files from the CD? If you're getting them from a CD drive on your computer, then you are getting PCM files at redbook (16bit / 44.1khz).
 I'll be watching for that shootout! Might get a Noble Audio IEM or CIEM at the upcoming Cali meets, and I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. 
 That certainly is a good point.  The T50RP driver is actually a very good driver to begin with though. The reason people started modding it is that it performs very well in a few key areas. The modifications really begin to tweak the sound and take the driver to a maximum level of performance. If you compare the Mad Dogs to headphones in the same price range, they perform very competitively, excelling in some areas. When you buy those "professionally modified" headphones,...
 If I understand it all correctly, only a few playstations can play SACD. Of those, you need a specific hardware version. Of those you need one that has a specific firmware, because Sony realized what was happening, and quickly patched the system to prevent it.   I believe that if you are getting any files off of a hybrid SACD from a computer drive, you are taking PCM encoded files, encoded in redbook (16/44.1), not the DSD (24/88). So pretty much you're just getting a CD...
 SACDs do have a very strict DRM in place. Actually, many people credit this as a reason why the format failed.  Did you know that Playstation 3 could play SACDs? The first versions could. Did you know Playstation 3 also had an optical out? Did you know that you can play digital streams over a digital out? Sony forgot! Long story short: Sony forgot to disable the optical out for SACD streams.This is how you can get the DSD files from SACDs. I believe this is the only way...