or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Bummer. I think I'll make the leap into some Focus-A pads. Recently got a new amp, and I'd like a little more off the treble (yup, I can't believe it either).    Are we talking about the Beyer T1?  I can only think of a few headphones I would say are more colored than the T1 that cost more than $200. Hell, I think most ultrasones would sounds more neutral than that headphone.
I was thinking about picking up the brainwavz hybrid pads instead of the hifiman focus or focus-a. Has anyone found a comparison?
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Premium Headphones:   These headphones are in very good condition overall. I've owned them a little less than 2 months     Included: X2 headphones Original Cable 1/4" Adapter Mic clip Original Box     Payment:  Paypal is preferred. Price includes paypal fees and shipping costs with USPS priority service. Shipping to CONUS only for now.    Trades: Not looking for trades on this item.              UPDATE: Got a question about these headphones...
 Wow, those are incredibly expensive cables.
I don't think amps have much to do with it. T1 just isn't a very balanced or fast headphone. 
 Yea the T1 is one of the most incredibly bright headphones I've ever heard, outside the realm of Grados. Doesn't matter which amp, the design is fatally flawed and there will always be a ton of treble ringing because it is pretty much a closed headphone.
  I'm pretty sure the connection Tyll was making is that the LCD-4 are a more revealing headphone. By doing this they are revealing flaws that have always existed in the Audeze headphones that weren't as obvious. 
 I agree with you. I think just about the only overall superior headphone is the HE-6. Audeze is so far behind now.   I think you're reading right for the most part. The HE-6 sounds very clinical and very accurate. The HE-500 is a more fun listen, while still being very fast and accurate. 
 This album. Totally stellar.   Question for everyone in general. Has anyone found a straight upgrade from the HE-500? For some reason I've kept my HE-500 longer than most headphones, and I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't really found one. The HE-560 was pretty "meh". 
  Definitely agree with you on used, but I wouldn't buy it for more than $500. It's on par with the HE-500 or HE-560. But for a new one, might be worth it for those that have to have headphones new.