or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

I don't think any headphone should be judged by their MSRP. We can talk value though. I think the Ultrasones are worth about $400 and the HE-6 are easily worth $1200. The edition 8 is often thought of as great because of it's asking price, and amazing look.But I don't think it sounds a whole lot better than ultrasones $200 headphones. 
 Yes, Runeight is actually Alex's head-fi user name. It's somewhat humorous because if you've been on head-fi long enough you know people's real names as well as head-fi names.   Total bummer on the amp. With so many of these being purchased you're sure to find plenty in the used market and I'm sure Cavalli Audio will also be selling some. Might even be safer since the rest of us are all guinea pigs. 
 I don't know who that Alex Cavalli guy is, but sounds like @runeight is about to go have a stern conversation with him. Hope he doesn't get in too much trouble! 
 Good prices on the HE-6 and HD600. Almost humorous the Edition 8 from Ultrasone is sitting a bit more expensive than the HE-6
  Fiio made it seem like a big deal to use their original, but I've got a ton of microusb cables and can't think of any issues using a different one.  Ouch! Aside from those possibilities it sounds like the microusb port isn't working  bummer
with my pairs the hd700 is definitely brighter than the hd800... going from the hd700 to the hd800 almost makes the hd800 seem... neutral
 Try a different cable or a different usb port or a different computer. Does it still work on it's own? Just not connecting?
  I was shocked to see this pop up my subcription. If I ever get a chance I would happily grab one of these again. I'm not sure what happened to Joe. That newer unit would have been very interesting.
 It sure beats reading through the last 100+ posts of speculation and how everyone "feels" about it.....
I can't seem to find this posted, but also find it hard to believe no one posted it.     Looks like massdrop is doing another AKG rebrand. The AKG K181 is rebranded and at a pretty aggressive price of $80.             https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k181-dj-ue-reference-class-headphones