Posts by elwappo99

Where did you get yours done? I'm considering either reshelling my triple-fi or just giving in and buying some higher end ones. I purchased my triple fi in 2008 I think, which is a good run. Realized despite all the headphones and amps I've bought and sold in that time, I've only had one pair of earphones and was really happy with them. 
 Ouch that's definitely a bummer to hear.  One concern I had with a lot of higher end audio pieces is that if they break, you're out a lot of money. Certainly concerning to hear this. 
 I agree. I've never figured out why people are so willing to jump on sennheiser's @ $300 and think they're some super stellar deal. The Q701 sits in the same league as the HD650. For $300 you could get the Q701 and an amp and have a good little rig going.
 A lot of people who play/have played musical instruments use that as a reference. I played drums for many many years, so I usually try to pick out a drum/percussion instrument and really hone in on it. Reverberation on cymbals are usually a really clear indicator.  When mrspeakers was first fiddling with the T50rp (before the "Mad Dogs" were released) I was talking with him at a meet and he was tuning it based on his experiences going to concerts and then trying to tune...
FS: Soundmagic HP100 Premium closed back headphones   These headphones are in very good condition overall. I've owned them a little less than 2 months and purchased new. These are really fun sounding headphones and they sound quite excellent.    Condition: Excellent overall condition. Less than 4 hours of use total   Included: HP100 headphones Zipper hard cased  Cleaning cloth Carabiner Original box and paperwork     Payment:  Paypal, MO, or check (shipment after...
Audio Technica M50 (M50S) Black Closed Back Headphones   These headphones are in very good condition overall. I've owned them a little less than 3 months and purchased new.    Condition: Good condition, pads are a little dry, as happens with these headphones. After about 2 hours of use, I purchased new Shure SRH840 pads and used those exclusively with these headphones. I can add those for an additional $10   Included: M50 Headphones 1/4" Screw Adapter Travel...
   Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the pins broke completely flush with the connector, so no way to wiggle a knife in there. Also couldn't get a wire to solder in, since the interior is filled with plastic. Any solder joint I made attached to both the pin and connector and at the risk of damaging the drivers I decided not to take a chance.  So to cut my losses and not make it worse, I think I'll have to reshell them. Kind of a bummer, but it seems this is pretty...
So I pulled my triple.fi out of my hard case today and found the pins were broken off, and stuck in one earpiece.  The earpiece is fine, but the pins are stuck in the connector. Any way to get them out or am I SOL?
 The headphones have the same sensitivity since all the electrical parts for the headphones are the same.   Yea these headphones are pretty far from neutral. Actually could be the farthest from neutral I've ever heard.
 I know this was awhile back but I'm just seeing it.  I just got a DC-1 a few weeks ago. Wow! Seriously good DAC on this thing. As far as headphone out, it'll definitely get you there. I think I read it pretty much has the same power as the benchmark 1 headphone out. I think you can do a little better with a Matrix M-stage or a Schiit Vali, if you want a little more clarity to the K712.