or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

An insinuation of being a rookie from you? I'll gladly take that .  If you can't get a decent impression of a headphone with one hour of listening, you probably won't after 20 hours.   All objective measurements you talk about are very small changes especially when you compare the large variety of headphone measurements. I would say these guys measure more similarly than differently. Square: Maybe a bit better, not really anything to write home about compared to the long...
 Didn't mean to stir up trouble with a few sentences. Posted some brief comments here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-proving-to-be-an-enjoyable-experience-in-listening/17040#post_12137094I'll try to follow up any HE500/HE560 questions there.  I'm not sure if this really warrants discussion, but you seem to draw a lot of conclusions off of limited information. Like you needed to defend the HE560? I'm actually a big fan of more neutral...
Made a brief comment in the deals thread that seemed to either: a. Intrigue b. Spontaneously cause one's panties to bundle   So I thought I'd post my lingering impressions of a HE-500 HE-560 comparison I did a week ago. Nothing too exact.     Gear: He500 (modded) He560 (stock)   Amps Schiit Mjolnir2 Violectric V181   DAC: Audio-GD Reference 1     Gear used as reference: HD800 Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor         Thoughts: HE560 a bit harder to...
  I returned a pair of HE560 that got processed by Amazon about 3 days ago, so if it's the pair I had expect a unit that sat on a headphone stand for about 12 hours and then briefly listened to and put back in the box. Shouldn't be any damage to it unless it got some in the return shipment.  Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the HE560 especially compared to a slightly modded HE500. But I did like the pads a lot.      Also, since people make an off topic post...
This amplifier is in good condition.   Condition: Good condition, overall. Not too many major visible scratches, but it is used, so expect some. Great sounding unit overall.   Included: V181 Balanced amplifier. Power Cable     Payment:  Paypal, MO, or check (shipment after payment clears). Price includes paypal fees and shipping costs with USPS priority service. Shipping to CONUS only for now.    Trades: Not looking for trades on this item. 
This amplifier is overall in good, but used condition.   Condition: Good condition overall. Expect some scratches and nicks here and there. I put a little bluetack on the tubes, which greatly reduces the ringing on this amplifier. It can be removed pretty easily.   Included: Schiit Vali Power Adapter     Payment:  Paypal, MO, or check (shipment after payment clears). Price includes paypal fees and shipping costs with USPS priority service. Shipping to CONUS only for...
 I had no idea there even was one. Why did someone make another carbon thread 
So..... any more reviews? All the units shipped and the people that got them are silent?
Any notes on sq change ? Frys still has this guy on sale.
 Any more comments on audio improvements, if any? I'm currently using a Monster one, which I like quite a bit. However, it is quite ugly. This thing looks really slick.