or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

So you believe that since the HE-1000 costs more it's better?   Also, has anyone compared those Audeze Vegans to Focus-A pads? Really like the Focus-A pads on my HE-500, and after years of regret for seeling my HE-6, I finally purchased a new pair. 
 .... Because I could buy an X7 without a module and a module at the same time? Otherwise I would end up with a module I don't want sitting in a drawer. I'm sure many owners of the Fiio X7 who have purchased additional amp modules will end up with one that will just sit in a drawer. 
  What if I purchase a used amp module here on head-fi?
  I think you make an assumption that a "newer" headphone will always be better. Over the course of many years on head-fi and seeing the "newer" headphone hyped up as "a complete and total upgrade" or even "this new headphone completely destroys the old one" (yes people use the word 'destroy' regularly) I would say there's a limited number of great headphones that stand the test of time. HE-6 is definitely in that category for me.     Owned the Soloist and Soloist SL. At...
 Adorama still also has the Audeze LCD-2 for $699 as well. Seems to be the new going rate (been there for a month).  Very solid price. Plus with the reliability issues with Audeze, I would only buy them new. 
  But what if a bunch of people come over for a party? You won't have enough headphones for all of them!  Hansotek has them covered! 
Tbh if you're dropping that much money on gear you shouldn't be asking that kind of question on a forum. You should be finding local people and going to local meets. Without learning a lot about audio quality, and dropping that much money, you're bound to be ripped off. 
 theveterans, above is correct. The K701 didn't have the Mini xlr connector which allows it to fit neatly in the stand. The K702 onward has the mini xlr which sticks out too far and would stick the headphones up out of the stand. There's lots of really nice stands that could probably be had for less these days. 
 AKG Service manual: http://cdn.billiger.com/dynimg/-jaJiVxJ8Zfq_8sGhGzJR_t4H9rycHjeBa9LTdXG2DAIQcjvL0duz9c8SU9mkK4t2vcU5ha81oyQvhPgY38bCo/AKG-K701-Technische-Zeichnung-f4cef6.pdf Looks like part number: 2458M1801 However, IIRC the K701 would be the only headphone that will fit in that stand.
Purchased from AV here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/785237/schiit-mjolnir-2-like-new-less-than-12-hours-of-use   Includes everything in his listing:   Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amplifier LISST Stock Tubes 1960 Holland Amperex ECC88 Tubes   Hoping to sell this locally due to its size. I travel a lot in California, so I figure it's something I can pull off. Driving to SoCal this weekend if you're anywhere along the L.A. stretch I can probably manage to meet you somewhere....