or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Thanks for the update! Really dig the changes you guys made with the new line. I've been looking to get a pair of towers for a long time, so I'm really excited you guys brought back the passive line! 
 Yea, I've been lurking in this thread for quite awhile. I purchased a pair of HD800 about 9 months ago, and every since then I've been looking for my next headphone hit (yes, that kind of hit. It's pretty much an addiction at this point).  I was thinking about going back to the HE-6 since I liked that headphone so much, but then this next generation started rolling out and I've been reading since. I tried the HE560, but found them to be a small improvement over the HE500...
 Had a V181 balanced amplifier and for some reason it really hit a good spot with the HE-500. Almost makes me regret selling it. 
 Man, that bass roll off though  Probably the worst I've ever seen.
  I agree with you on the backlash. It's become a really strange trend. Instead of discussing each headphone and how we perceive their sound relative to other headphones, it's become threads where people defend their headphones and talk about how good they are, almost to an emotional level. As if their headphone's honor has somehow been damaged if someone says something negative about them. The backlash is so overdone and blown out of proportion. 
 I had a pair of HE560 for a bit. I found it a bit of a toss up. Overall, I would say it's overall a tiny bit better than the HE-500, if it all. Midrange definitely comes back a touch. The treble had an odd spike, but other than that was much faster and smoother. Bass was a bit tighter, but didn't really extend as low. Comfort was a clear win for the HE560. It felt like a slightly more polite HE500, but not in a "HE-6" way. I mentioned this in the "deals" thread and a...
Looks like Emotiva released a bunch of new products at CES2016, including a new Emersa EPA-1. Maybe @KeithEmo can get us the inside scoop, but it looks like it features new gadgetry in terms of connectivity:  
 Tbh, the HE500 are generally one of the better headphones for bass quantity. As headphones go up in quality, they typically are more neutral. Since the HE500 have more bass than neutral it means pulling in the bass quantity. You may want to look into the LCD-2. If you can find a "prefazor" LCD-2 it might be even better. 
  The T1 is a really bright headphone. IMO, overall I'd rate it much worse than the HE-500. 
 One thing I think everyone can agree is Ultrasone's service sucks big time. The cost of replacement parts is absolutely astonishing! People complain with the HD650 pads at $50 a pair.    I got to hear a pair of ATL3000 once. Wow, were they something special Really nice headphones.