or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Looks like Emotiva released a bunch of new products at CES2016, including a new Emersa EPA-1. Maybe @KeithEmo can get us the inside scoop, but it looks like it features new gadgetry in terms of connectivity:  
 Tbh, the HE500 are generally one of the better headphones for bass quantity. As headphones go up in quality, they typically are more neutral. Since the HE500 have more bass than neutral it means pulling in the bass quantity. You may want to look into the LCD-2. If you can find a "prefazor" LCD-2 it might be even better. 
  The T1 is a really bright headphone. IMO, overall I'd rate it much worse than the HE-500. 
 One thing I think everyone can agree is Ultrasone's service sucks big time. The cost of replacement parts is absolutely astonishing! People complain with the HD650 pads at $50 a pair.    I got to hear a pair of ATL3000 once. Wow, were they something special Really nice headphones. 
I was thinking more along the lines of driver revisions to go with it? Line is like 5 or 6 years old now? I think the fazor rev was in like 2012?
Interesting. Adorama has the aluminum ones, but i assumed it was something they worked out with audeze. Guess this is a complete change in the line.Anyone find,anythng on sound change associated with it?
 Hey there Lat!  Well the Sig pros and Edition 8 are from an interesting time. There were only a few "closed" headphones that were in the high end category. These being some of them along with the Denon D7000 line. The reason these were in a niche is that they were a bit more portable and created a decent seal. Since then there's a ton of new closed headphones, and even the CIEM market that has exploded. My UERM cost around $700, and tbh they sound miles ahead of the Sig...
 I agree with you. No real audiophile reviews to be found. Also seems like they've been doing the 50% special since the product launched in september?
 The signature pros were intended to be the next step up from the edition 8. The "carbon" edition looks like they just changed the cosmetic appearance of the unit.  The Ultrasone Edition 8 and Signature Pros really came from a headphone era when a "high end" closed headphone didn't exist. The last few years of new headphones kind of make them obsolete at their price point. There's a lot of competition that outdoes them, so if you want an "upgrade" options do exist now.
 I've never found the WA stuff to perform anywhere near it's asking price. A good chunk of what you pay is into the casing around it. WA6 does sound quite good, but IMO i'd place it in the $600 range in terms of audio performance, YMMV.