Posts by elwappo99

If your amplifier comes in a really cool looking case, you can bet a good portion of the asking price is going towards that amplifier. Would you rather have a $400 amplifier in a $400 case, or a $800 amplifier? Woo audio seems to be the best example of it. 
 I think the outlet only carries a 90 day warranty, which is only 60 days passed most return deadlines, so not a huge risk. Also, I've read a few cases where AKG and Beyerdynamic held a new warranty for Amazon warehouse deals.On the old thread, I went through a bit of trouble to find sources and type it all up, but a mod deleted it and I'm not going to hunt it down again. But I know there are posts where people had some luck. 
darinf posted some pictures a bit back which showed how schiit does it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp/3765#post_10474289 Anyone know what the new pads are made of? I purchased the Vali on day one and it does ring quite a bit. I'd like to help it in any way possible.   
    Looks like they hired the same guys from Coconut audio!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPCl_ez0Hio
 I'd guess that means the later production 65th anniversary, since the early productions sounded quite different. If that's the case they're pretty much K712, which means they're a great price @ $200. I found the K712 to sound very similar to the HD600's tonality, but be more technically proficient. 
 Maybe because people are scared of big things? I don't have any first hand experience, but I've heard it can be intimidating.  I think HDtracks sometimes runs promos up to 20% or 25%. So if you're not in a rush, you could wait? 
   Why the large font?  HDtrack's didn't do anything last year, IIRC, but some headphone sellers (e.g. mrspeakers senn) have included a nominal amount as a promotion during black friday. 
  I think you mean sennheiser "took a break from price fixing" to almost match beyerdynamic and AKG's normal prices    sorry I had to, it was a perfect set up..... 
 Well, LLF says they're only worth $300, so maybe it would be a fair match  But in all seriousness, people are very biased towards expensive gear. "Why else should it cost so much?". I don't regret picking a pair of HE-500s over HD800s for personal listening.     In a somewhat deal related note. I think it's rare to see a 4TB hard drive for under $100, but it's definitely doable here, with no...
 I've never ran into issues w/ Amazon returns. I think you have to pay return shipping if you decide you don't like them.