or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Sennheiser HD700 open headphones   Condition: Excellent condition overall.  I purchased these new from Sennheiser Directly. Used a very minimal amount since then.       Included: HD700 Original Stock Cable Original Factory Box and Sleeve   $350   Prices include paypal fees and shipping CONUS.
FS: Audio-GD  Class A single ended headphone amplifier.    Absolutely wonderful warm and detailed amplifier that runs in Class A. One of the best single ended amplifiers I've heard in this price range.      Includes: Audio-GD Class-A Amplifier Stock Power Cord       http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C-2Class%20A/C2classAEN.htm
FS: Fully balanced (and compact) Emotiva's DC-1 DAC. Excellent DAC that also serves as a preamp, and has a headphone amplifier with 2 outputs up front. Terrific sounding unit, but I'm moving some gear around.     http://emotiva.com/products/dacs/electronics/dacs/stealth-dc-1     Included: DC-1 Balanced DAC Remote Control Stock Power Cord Original Shipping Box   $400   Prices include paypal fees and shipping CONUS.
  See above.
  I think you're pretty much on point, although I would slightly disagree with you on this point: Being able to discern SQ is as much about learning and training your ears as much as it is being "blessed" with a specific ability to hear. When I went to meets and talked to people (and based on reading head-fi) I would say a lot of people haven't done this very well.  The vast majority of perceived improvements in more expensive headphones comes completely from the...
 I have a similar toyota radio. This is correct ^. The USB input on the toyota works with ipod and iphone devices. You could also use it as a "USB" storage, like a flash drive which allows you to navigate folders and play songs, but I think it only supports mp3 and in my experience any flash drive that has a lot of files on it causes it to get overwhelmed.  I'd keep it connected bluetooth or using an Aux cord and buy a real charging adapter. The USB port on the car is...
There have been a few posts about the xdp300r. I think a uk supplier got a unit early and his website preorder agrees with you.Seems the 300r is the dpx1, although he said it sounds better (he is selling them, so take it as you will). Anyone find anymore significant changes on the dpx1a? So far the revisions seem underwhelming.
 I know your pain. I had a terrible experience with iriver (the company that was rebranded as AK) over a $100 music player about 8 years ago. I won't touch AK based on that experience.
  Hey there!  The "brightness" you are referring to is called sibilance. You'll notice it a lot when you hear high hats or "s" sounds in vocals. Unfortunately just about every ultrasone tends to be that way. It's also the reason the somewhat falsely sound really detailed.   If you're coming from a Denon D7100 I doubt you'll get more bass from just about any headphone without major sound EQ. The D7100 have almost no damping so the sound resonates in the cup. Gives it that...
 In 2009 I can't imagine anyone was still on 56k though. I think I had DSL in like 1999?