Posts by elwappo99

Interesting Moon Audio said the manufacturer was incorrect? That seems a bit odd. I mean, it seems like an obvious statement, but maybe they were worried about losing $500 on a sale? Doing a quick search through the classifieds, seems like recently more full Soloists are being sold vs Soloist SLs, but who knows the original sales breakdown. I know my unit was sold about 4 times in the first year.
 I'm also anxiously awaiting a "Mjolnir 2" . Looking forward to see what gets added to the unit.  FWIW, I think the big Soloist is a good sounding amplifier, but the price of $1000 seems a bit much for it. In the $500-$600 range seems like a good fit for price/performance. 
 Someone should jump in if I'm wrong, but I think you've pretty much got it. That "rule of 8" is a kind of sort of rule of thumb, but in this case it doesn't matter because of a relatively flat impedance curve of the orthodynamic drivers. See: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCDXSN7454971.pdf I have a soloist SL which I like a lot for a lot of headphones and think it sounds great. But tbh, if you're looking for an amp for the LCD-2, I would highly encourage you...
Well I ended up grabbing one of these. Tracking seems to not be loading, so I don't know when it'll get here, but eager to compare to an older Audio-GD interface TE7022 chip.
  My golden ears go down to 16Hz !   I just thought it was humorous how they both roll off down there. Most amps do have a bit of roll-off though to some extent.   Seems most people experienced ears over in the X5 thread say the headphone amp in the unit isn't improved by an external amp. So looks like I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a O2 so I can hook up my UERMs to my Emotiva DC-1 and Audio-GD reference 1. More excited than usual for these...
 Certainly hadn't thought about the gain, thanks for the heads up. Any idea on what gain would be a "sort-of safe" bet?  I've got a Fiio X5 and an E12 seemed like a good option because it has a cute stacking case. It's really convenient that the roll-off almost perfectly lines up with the UERM's rolloff    I've previously heard the pico power, and really thought it was really clean, crisp and.... well powerful. But since this amp is pretty much only for the UERM, I'm a...
I can't seem to find a lot of recent comments on amplifier. Has anyone paired these up with the Fiio E12 or O2?
 I was hoping to grab a Fiio E18, but the price they list is the same as their normal website... which is consequently the same price it is everywhere else. EDIT: Called in got a better price. Thanks! 
 Very much appreciate hearing how your experienced ears hear the differences in the two, especially that bolded part. Read through the whole thing a few times. I had a brief listening session with both and remember having a similar general impression (about the JH13 being a bit bassier) but I don't really recall any great details and appreciated your input. Also I was worried that the reference sound would become irritating for extended listenings on the UERM, which no one...
   Considering they're in the same asking price, with diminishing returns that means the HE-6 is a bargain, or...... The Mad Dogs are great and a great value though