or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

You must be new to the cult of Nomax
 Ah! That's right, I forgot I changed threads. I was looking in the other PM3 thread and couldn't find anything. Thanks
 Thanks for the impressions (on both threads). I'd love to take you up on the offer of a loaner, but I'm between a move and won't have a reliable shipping address for a few months   The treble is really what I was thinking of for sure. I know the Edition 8s were on the verge of being too hot for me, and I thought the price performance ratio for them was really bad. But with the Signature pro dropping into the $500-$600 range, it might become an option for a portable...
 Very interesting. I've read the PM3 is definitely a more neutral sound than the Ultrasones would be, but surprised to hear you think the Sig DJs are overall better. Definitely would like to read about your impressions of the PM3 as you get more acclimated 
Bp on this question, ?Anyone compare these to the ultrasone edition 8 or ultrasone signature lines?Was looking at those for awhile, but these look like they have a good chance at being better at a fraction of the price
Anyone compare these to the ultrasone edition 8 or ultrasone signature lines? Was looking at those for awhile, but these look like they have a good chance at being better at a fraction of the price
 Sorry for the warren/elwapp party here...  But I think this advice is especially true for everyone who is purchasing balanced gear. I have a friend who lives close by who is really good with a soldering iron. For some headphones a $5 XLR connector is all you need to get the headphones balanced. It can save you quite a bit in the long run. Not to mention the many times I've ran to him with a headphones that was losing a channel. A quick multimeter check and solder, 5...
 Forgot headroom did those!  Don't know if they plan on restocking anytime. Price is still a bit steep considering the cost of parts  Here's another option. It's a bit spartan, but price seems pretty decent:http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-SENNHEISER-HEADPHONE-CABLE-HD600-HD650-MOGAMI-CARDAS-NEUTRIK-1-4-or-BALANCED-/171649354489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f7194af9 
 Also, those "Sennheiser" brand ones are literally the stock cable with a $8 connector on them. If you know anyone with any sort of soldering skill I would buy a stock cable for $20 or whatever it runs and $5 on the XLR connector.