Posts by elwappo99

Interesting comments regarding the E12. I do think the X5's headphone out is actually quite pleasant, maybe a bit easy on the treble reducing the details. I'm currently running X5 --> iBasso PB-1 --> Mad Dogs (balanced). It's a really good set up for portable use. Really digging my X5. Really 0 issues except maybe one freeze so far. 
  The Fiio product will take that signal and turn it into a super low quality sounding one. It needs to take those 6 channels and turn them into 2. In the process you are lowering the sound quality of the signal. You're lowering the sound quality in this process, and the whole purpose of the DTS and Dolby streams.   You're right, the Modi isn't a product to hook up in place of some large receiver that does the latest DTS or Dolby, or 7.1 over HDMI. There's always been a...
 I'm sure this belongs in the Modi forum, but I can pretty clearly see the line of reasoning from Schiit.  I believe most sources of Dolby and DTS are 5.1 streams, so 6 channels. 2 Channel DACs are only meant for 2 channel material. I'm not sure what method Fiio uses, but somehow they are taking 6 channels and converting it to 2. You're not getting a true Dolby or DTS signal out of those RCA jacks. In addition, Schiit really isn't "into" all those different codecs, file...
 Awesome! At that price, they're pretty tough to beat. I love mine and use them as my portable pair that I can toss into a bag.  Here's the impression/appreciation/support thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread
  Cool!!!!   I'll have to give this a try. I'm currently running Denon D7000 pads.
 Well, just a word of caution, I don't think that you'll really get enough power out of them to really power your speakers.  There are 3 inputs: 1. USB2. Coaxial3. Optical There are 3 outputs:1. XLR (balanced) - Output to an external balanced headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier2. RCA - Output to an external headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier3. ACSS - Used for other Audio-GD Gear (amplifiers)  I would honestly suggest picking up a super cheap speaker amplifier....
  Well I was hoping to add a bit of information regarding "balanced DACs" and "balanced amplifiers", since they mean different things.  I've owned a lot of balanced amplifiers, and the ones that have a SE output are usually some sort of compromise. The SE output never really sounds all that good, IMHO.
 Because they can?   Really though. Sennheiser went from the $500 HD650 to the $1500 HD800, and people gobbled them up. 4, 5 years later, people are still gobbling them up. 
 The "+" version added the SE headphone output.   Yes. There is a bit of a difference between balanced headphone amplifiers and balanced (XLR) output from a DAC. The XLR output from a DAC is there to eliminate interference in the signal. Balanced amplification has to do with splitting the signals to be amplified. 
 I see now. I'm not super sure how well that would work out. I don't think the NFB-10SE has enough power for those. However, if you wanted, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to try. 1. Buy a pair of really cheap cable like this http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903652&sr=8-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca2. Plug the 3.5mm end into the headphone amplifier, and then strip off the RCA plugs, and attach bare wires to the...