or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Manufacturer's Info here:   http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/groove     Unit is unused, but when the item arrived the little stickers were coming up (for full disclosure).   Price includes shipping and paypal fees CONUS.
    Over the holidays I purchased 2 items from Amazon Warehouse and both times received fakes. One time I purchased a 128gb microsd and received a 64gb one. Another I purchased a MSI 980ti and received a MSI 960 (identical coolers).  I thought, NBD, Amazon's got me covered. But in January I received an email which basically said "hey you're returning a lot, hope everything is ok." Looked and my return rate was around 5% because of those 2 items. Googled it and plenty of...
  IMO, no. The HE-6 is a special headphone and you need to build an entire rig around it. I don't think the Lyr2 will cut it.   FWIW, I prefer the HE-500 to the HE-560. I think it's a terrific headphone overall. The HE-560 had a very odd treble spike that made it hard to listen to. Just got a new amp for the HE-500 and it definitely scales well.
    I agree with Hansotek here. It's just okay and doesn't really pull enough power to show off the HE-6. FWIW I have found this to be true of any "headphone" company that offers an amplifier: Beyerdynamic,Sennheiser, 
  If you haven't made a decision yet, keep your eye out for used ones too. Plenty of people are selling theirs second hand for less than $500. The Mjo2 is a little softer in the treble and not as harsh sounding, slightly smoother. There are some comparisons floating around. It's been awhile since I compared them side by side. 
 They both have a weird spike in the treble.  X2 will much larger bass quantity and impact. It has a small treble spike that may be irritating to some. HD700's treble is still hotter. 
 I'd group 6moons into a group with headfonia. Not very technical or analytical understanding of headphones. I wouldn't make any decisions off their site.    Agreed. EF-6 was pretty mediocre with the HE-6. Wonder if it fairs better with the HE-500?
I would guess the pins for data aren't making contact.    http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-connector-pinout       Sorry to hear that make. I'm super cautious about charging and connecting my unit for this reason. USB contacts wear out over time. Hopefully others can chime in here. 
 May sound weird, but I had an issue where a certain USB port wouldn't recognize it. Maybe try a different port/computer? Otherwise some compressed air might clean out something that's blocking the contact point.
 Owned the HE-6 a long time. It's definitely a double edged sword. The HE-6 needs a lot. You need to have a good DAC, a great amplifier, and high quality sound recordings (not just talking FLAC here). If you have any of those categories lacking, the HE-6 will sound bright and edgy and can be very sibilant. I found 90% of the music I had in my collection didn't sound very good.  I think the HE-6 is a clear step up from the HE-500. In comparison I'd put the HE-560 on par or...