Posts by elwappo99

Audioquest Nighthawk     Condition: I purchased these second hand a few months back. They are in great shape, however there is one scratch on the cup (please see the sunny photo).   Included: Audioquest Nighthawk Headphones Original Travel Pouch Original Short Cable Original Long Cable     Payment:  Paypal preferred. Price includes shipping and paypal fees. CONUS only for now.   Trades: Not looking for trades on this item. 
Koss ESP-950 Headphone System w/ E90 Energizer     Condition: I sent these into KOSS in January for a complete tune up. At the same time I purchased a new headband and new earpads to go along with it. They are in pretty fantastic shape, and I suspect Koss just sent me a new pair.    Included: ESP-950 Headphones E90 Energizer Extension Cable Travel Pouch     Payment:  Paypal preferred. Price includes shipping and paypal fees. CONUS only for now.   Trades: Not looking...
Sony MDR-1A Closed Back Headphones   These headphones are in very good condition overall. There's a small chip in the paint under the emblem (shown in picture).     Included: MDR-1A Headphones Two cables originally included Travel Pouch Original Box     Payment:  Paypal preferred. Price includes shipping and paypal fees. CONUS only for now.   Trades: Not looking for trades on this item. 
  Is this a Pascal's wager of the cable business?  I'd say that cables do have a major downside. They cost a lot of money. That Lavricables USB looks like it runs $200. For most people $200 would go a lot farther into upgrading a DAC, amp, new headphones, etc. 
I'm curious what you'll think if the SA31 single ended vs the Carbon balanced.
This is a great looking amplifier. Absolutely terrific price. Someone got lucky here 
 Steve Guttenberg should be ignored for most audio advice. He falls into the category as many other reviewers on big sites.
 I remember when I had the LCD2 they performed so much better out of the balanced output of the Audio-GD unit I had vs the single ended. Planars really excel when ran balanced. I wonder how the carbon fairs against an amp that uses a truer balanced topology.
  Not surprising to hear about the treble. I thought the LCD-X was the best Audeze headphone I'd heard, but there was something always odd going on with the overall treble consistency/coherency. Tyll also mentions it in his review of the LCD4
    Tbh, I'm not even sure what you two are starting a discussion/argument about. Seems like you're both saying the same thing.     When I purchased the NFB28 about 3 months ago I was searching for a comparison as well. At the time no one had been able to compare them side by side. Considering the $400 or so price difference I'd probably go with the NFB-28. I'd speculate the differences aren't worth that much more. More importantly (IMHO) Once you're pushing into the $1k+...