or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Think we aught to just let this guy be in his own audio world. 
  So you're talking about quantity over quality?  HE500 has quite a bit of bass for an open headphone. Not too many will have as much. But the quantity you'll get from a closed back is often due to resonance in the cup, and will often sound "one noted" compared to a controlled dynamic driver. Don't really get to appreciate the nuances. 
 I think the HE500 has pretty terrific bass. It's pretty darn flat and extends pretty far. Even with mediocre amplification it stays pretty tight.
   Yea I was swapping around headphones and to some extent sold the HE-6 with the expectation I would purchase the next "new" pair of headphones from hifiman. The HE1000's price makes it seem pretty silly. Also, I wasn't super floored by the Edition X. Just to throw mud, I wasn't really happy with the HE560 after purchasing it.  It's surprising how the HE-6 has multiple listings in the classifieds with people trying to buy a pair and it seems to take people some time to...
  So you believe that since the HE-1000 costs more it's better?   Also, has anyone compared those Audeze Vegans to Focus-A pads? Really like the Focus-A pads on my HE-500, and after years of regret for seeling my HE-6, I finally purchased a new pair. 
 .... Because I could buy an X7 without a module and a module at the same time? Otherwise I would end up with a module I don't want sitting in a drawer. I'm sure many owners of the Fiio X7 who have purchased additional amp modules will end up with one that will just sit in a drawer. 
  What if I purchase a used amp module here on head-fi?
  I think you make an assumption that a "newer" headphone will always be better. Over the course of many years on head-fi and seeing the "newer" headphone hyped up as "a complete and total upgrade" or even "this new headphone completely destroys the old one" (yes people use the word 'destroy' regularly) I would say there's a limited number of great headphones that stand the test of time. HE-6 is definitely in that category for me.     Owned the Soloist and Soloist SL. At...
 Adorama still also has the Audeze LCD-2 for $699 as well. Seems to be the new going rate (been there for a month).  Very solid price. Plus with the reliability issues with Audeze, I would only buy them new. 
  But what if a bunch of people come over for a party? You won't have enough headphones for all of them!  Hansotek has them covered!