or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

Hey there!  The "brightness" you are referring to is called sibilance. You'll notice it a lot when you hear high hats or "s" sounds in vocals. Unfortunately just about every ultrasone tends to be that way. It's also the reason the somewhat falsely sound really detailed.   If you're coming from a Denon D7100 I doubt you'll get more bass from just about any headphone without major sound EQ. The D7100 have almost no damping so the sound resonates in the cup. Gives it that...
 In 2009 I can't imagine anyone was still on 56k though. I think I had DSL in like 1999?
 Hifiman HE500 open planar headphones   Condition: Decent condition overall. I use a lot of headphones so each headphone rarely gets a whole lot of use. I did have one of those large beyerdynamic pads on the headband which seemed to cause a crease in it (see pictures). Also the coating on the yolk seemed to have worn off at some point while in storage (doesn't make sense to me either). Storage box has damage on it (see pictures and I can add more).    Included: HE-500...
Hifiman HE500 open planar headphones   Condition: Decent condition overall. I use a lot of headphones so each headphone rarely gets a whole lot of use. I did have one of those large beyerdynamic pads on the headband which seemed to cause a crease in it (see pictures). Also the coating on the yolk seemed to have worn off at some point while in storage (doesn't make sense to me either). Storage box has damage on it (see pictures and I can add more).    Included: HE-500...
Price lowered
 Weird. Maybe that loserface Tyll guy knows what he's talking about?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23lyqf0p28&t=8m7s
 HE6 needs more power, but I don't know about any factors.  That woo amp with the "K1000" output doesn't drive the HE6 if that's what you're asking. 
 Should be stellar! 
Looking to see if anyone has a female (AK) 2.5mm to male 4 pin XLR adapter they'd be willing to sell.   Shipping to CONUS.