or Connect

Posts by elwappo99

That's very odd and i would question whether or not the ak100ii is actually balanced then.In my tiny bit of experience it seems the edition x doesn't benefit as much in balanced mode as the previous hifiman headphones (he6, he500, etc.).Anyone find any good amp pairings for this headphone? I was thinking about addidng in the Cavalli carbon until i found out its not a truly balanced amo. Yikes!
If you have a balanced amplifier you will get significantly more power out of the balanced output. The single ended output will be limited in power, and typically will not sound as good.   Balanced in headphone audio means something different than general audio. It's not about reducing interference on long runs.
In case anyone has missed it, apparently $6000 is where the community decided they've had enough with the price inflation. Manufacturers beware? http://www.head-fi.org/t/831355/hifiman-edition-6-headphones/270#post_13170870
On that same note, is there still a way to upgrade from a V1 set to a V2?
  Interesting impressions. I've had the Edition X for a bit now and I wish I had my HD800 on hand to compare.   Also interesting notes on the Audeze line. I really liked the the LCD-X, and really wanted to like it. Unfortunately there was something just odd about the tonality I couldn't get over. Also it's got that fantastic Audeze comfort /s. I think Tyll was onto something with his LCD-4 review when he discussed all Audeze's having a weird treble issue/incoherence, and...
  While I don't disagree with you, I think you're on my same thought trail.  Sure, you can grab those earphones to go, but realistically, how often are you using them as a portable vs home? How often are you using them in a portable setting where you're really paying attention to sound quality? How often are you using them at home and paying attention to sound quality. I guess my point is if you're using those earphones in an at home environment more often then not, you...
 You might get mixed responses on the HE560 vs HE500 question. I had them both to compare, and in my experience the HE560 had a very odd treble spike that was very odd and irritating. I easily picked the HE500 over the HE560. Comparing the relative price of the HE560 to the Edition X, I'd say the Edition X is easily worth the little bit over the HE560.  TBH, I've never really liked Woo Audio products. They look great, but they seem to be pretty far behind on the...
 I read through this thread and all I learned was @Beagle is a very very patient individual. These flagships are increasing in price simply because they can. It really started when the LCD-3 nearly doubled the price of the LCD-2 and people gobbled it up. Since then the prices keep going up. Every year there seems to be a new crop of people in the hobby that will drop $5k to "get the best setup" and away we go. Without people finally realizing there's very little (and in...
 Use the stock music app. See where it says SD1, SD2, USB storage?  At the top there's little tabs for artist, song, album, genre... You can also swipe left to right.   I'm still running into issues where the stock player will freeze or lock up (pioneer XDP 300r). I think I'm narrowing it down. Any attempt to play a 5.1 file locks it up, no questions asked.  I'm also having an issue where one microsd card I have will constantly disconnect. Redetection occurs when the card...
 Yup, seems like it's a microsd card issue. I have two 128gb cards from my X5 that I popped straight into the DP-x1 and then the XDP 300r. Narrowed it down to one card issue with the XDP. Transferred it to the DP-X1 and same issue happened. Haven't had time to further investigate.