Posts by triple-u

Thanks for the offer, but I checked closely and a couple of the pads were also knocked off the PCB. It's going to be a much tougher job. It might be better to start over from scratch. I did order an extra kit, because I was expecting myself to make mistakes my first time soldering surface mounts.
I tried re-flowing the chip and it didn't work. Thought maybe there wasn't enough solder so I tried re-flowing a second time. Stupid mistake. Ended up bridging a few pins and couldn't clean it up. Used solder wick and after an hour struggling with it burned the PCB and destroyed the pins. Don't think it's recoverable now. Oh well...
Hi all,   I'm having trouble with getting my GrubDAC working. It's recognized by my computer and the test points are good. There doesn't appear to be any bridges between pins. I'm not getting sound though.   I've tested for bridges at all the pins, I've tested continuity between the Wolfson and the PCM, and various other points and they all seem fine. I do have a second working GrubDAC and compared the two and haven't found any differences. Any other suggestions on...
Looking to sell my DT880 Pros, 250 Ohms.  In good working condition.  Shows signs of use, but no rips, tears, etc.   Asking for $200 + Shipping   Also selling my Sennheiser IE6.  Like new condition.  Couldn't find a good fit for these in my ears so I have no use for them.   Asking for $60 + Shipping.   PM with any questions or offers.  Located in Toronto, so I can do local deals also.   Pictures to be uploaded sometime later this week.
Hi, I'm interested in buying a pair of Grado cups for a pair that I deformed while attempting a mod.   Plastic orginals, woodies, anything. Send me your offers.   Shipped to Canada, I'm looking at anything under $100.   FOUND
Yeah, I agree.  I would not get these at MSRP, maybe only for less than $200.   I don't have the headphones with me anymore, but from what I remember, it is definitely a slower sound, but it kept up well when I listened to some fast drums.  I wouldn't say it has weaknesses in pace and rhythm, but it's definitely not a strength.  It just did everything okay.  I just felt it was too laid back and slow for my preference and faster paced music.   The PS500s definitely are...
Hi head-fiers, I have a pair of custom silicon eartips that I have used for about 4 months now.  The problem is, they are very loose when on the tube of the UM3x's now.  I can't even take the earpieces out of my ear with the tips still attached.  They were fine when I got the eartips initially, but over time, I guess the hole just stretched and widened.  I now have to remove the eartips from my ears separately, after taking the earphones out.   I remember there...
Sorry for the delay in a reply, but in case you were still interested, I gave them a listen and comparison to my other closed cans, the Ultrasone HFI-780s.   The PS500 are definitely much more laid back.  There is more emphasis on the low end, with the bass much louder than on my HF-780s.  However, the bass is much more distant, which changes the soundstage quite a bit, but not to my tastes.  I prefer a more involving and upfront sound.   The mids and vocal range...
Hi all,   My current setup is using the Maverick D1 as a DAC and pre-amp out to my Little Dot I+.  With the D1, I want to use the switch to bypass the potentiometer, but when I do that, the LD potentiometer needs to be set very low.  The problem is that when the LD volume is set so low, the left-right balance isn't perfect.   So I'm wondering what my options are.  Would switching the input op-amp of the LD to a lower gain op-amp help?
bump?