Posts by setmenu

Nos dacs do not use steep filtering to remove the 'steps' in the analogue output waveform. One of the effects of this is to roll of the high frequency output a little. Another effect is that they can make engineers grind their teeth I have built a number of my own 1543 portable dacs, they sound nice, but not quite 'right' too my ears. How good they sound depends on the designers circuit implementation, not all nos dacs are equal. I built mine point to point and...
I am guessing Croatian, as many of the members seem to be from there.
Quote: Originally Posted by warnsey Wow this thread really does perpetuate the gun toting American stereotype. Each to there own I guess. P.s This thread is not a dig at all you Americans I am just really amazed at the amount of hardware some of you guys own. Firearms can be a very addictive hobby! Interests can also be very wide ranging, they have a long history.
Quote: Originally Posted by n4k33n My girlfriend was a staunch gun control advocate while she was an undergrad at the University. She ended up questioning this, and wondering what was at the root of her feelings. For her honors thesis, she entered into the gun culture. She attended gun shows, went to the ranges, read the literature, and made an honest attempt to confront her feelings. When it was over, she was a convert. She now is a proud gunowner...
Quote: Originally Posted by feckn_eejit As for my ridiculous SR-404 rig, why must it be so squeaky clean that it demands I crank the **** out of the volume, since it never sounds louder, just better... Haha, just turn em up till your ears ring like bells!
He did say he was not the pilot of the machine , so I guess he paid the penalty!! You need lightning reactions to keep a 400bhp drag bike from getting away from you!
Wow, thought I had started a new thread in my sleep, then noticed the date!! Quote: Originally Posted by Duggeh Holy 6-year old bump on a thread started by one who is now a guru. Hi Duggeh Hehe, never been described as a guru before, though I have gained a bit of experience since then! There are PLENTY of highly experienced Planar fan here aren't there... cherepashka I would have to disagree Maybe the old models have been surpassed in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chu Not only that, but this product came up in another thread and there is pretty much no way that it could work properly. The tolerance on a red book CD for centering / radius / thickness (i.e. what effects the balance) is much stricter then the tolerance allowed on the clamping mechanism of that device. As for the truing machine , not seen one myself, but if any cutting or grinding were to be done on a disk then...
Quote: Originally Posted by edstrelow I realize that you are somewhat of a gadfly in these forums taking things to extremes. Oddly you seem to be missing disc tweaks, such as polishes, mats, rings etc. I personally am very pleased with the disc trimmer http://www.musicdirect.com/products/...p?sku=ADESKSYS It is rather expensive, but the sonic improvements are definitely in line with the price. some of my cds could do with truing up, and...
I think you will find that the movement of all diaphragms will cease to be pistonic at some frequency or other. This break up is one reason why planar and electrostatic designs were explored. Good luck with the project, enjoying your thread. .